Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Four new sets up at the market this month

Edited 1456490258
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
It's been a busy month and four new sets to release. Scene Additions set 9 : Wagon Merchants features over a dozen different merchant wagons, with several variations or each, are included in this pack. From fish merchants to the random magic item merchant, the wagon train has both the exotic and the common. The set also includes two different map backgrounds, with several variations of each, including wagon top and inside views of the wagons. The maps are set for 20 x 40 on a 140 pixel grid. Use the pre-made maps or create your own configuration. I hope you enjoy! You may also see a cameo appearance of one of  Paul Ooshun's Dungeon Buddies in there. :D Scene Additions set 10 : Tent Bazaar: Bazaars...ahhh... from the smell of the chicken and eggs merchant to the sights of the big top tent, bazaars have a lot to offer a wandering party. Whether it is to shop for their next rations supply & magic baubles, or a quick bite at the sausage and moonshine tent, a coordinated distraction can always be fun! Over 100 items are included: numerous tents in shapes and colors, including an erased away top version of each tent; twenty different tent spaces (including the manacles on the post) for creating quick booths; two different pre-made maps of bazaars - one in the dry lake bed and one at the base of a mountain - each one with five variations saved of the maps, including blank versions for you to use for a different adventure too. The maps are set up as 20 x 40 on a 140 pixel grid. Tents are over-sized in their separate pieces to make it easier to retain detail when you shrink to odd sizes. As always, I hope you enjoy using it as much as I had making it! In both set 9 and 10, you will notice a special treat as there are not only pre-made set ups with the wagon trains and tents, but the map backgrounds can be used separately for other adventures. There's something else about the map backgrounds, but I'll let you discover that.  Scene Addtions set 11 : Marketplace Merchandise: Stock the shelves and fill the wagons! Scene Additions set 11 is all about the vitals and vittles! Over 240 design elements to help bulk up your marketplace and bazaar. I had some fun this afternoon and with the permission from Devin Knight and Grae Hunter, used element from my sets and theirs to create a lovely little exotic merchant scene offline. Featured are elements from the above, as well as  Devin's Token pack 60 , and  Grae Hunter's Essential Animals And the last of the four released, but definitely never the least:  Old World Style set 12: Burials & Dig Sites : I'm going a bit back more to my roots: archaeology! These iconic images inspired me so long ago, they just had to be worked into an Old World Style Set! 246 design elements, plus two tile sheets are included. Some great burial crypty catacomb goodness, combined with various tombs, crypts, coffins and sarcophagii with some webs thrown in for good measure for an underground burial area. And for outside: archaeological dig pits, fantastic finds, geoglyphs in a couple different perspectives that can adorn the land or on a mountainside, and a few other tidbits. Oooh, and there are a few minor transition elements for those who would like to combine the crypts with the arctic sets or the underground sets! Happy Mapping! As with ALL of the Old World Style sets, not only does set 12 have individually cut tile elements, it also includes tilesheets for those who like to work from those to create.  and a little example of set 12 used with other sets: Crude test, yes. Quick, yes...I really wanted to test out how the geoglyphs looked on the mountainside and the dig pits  Enjoy!
Gold
Forum Champion
Very nice wagons and cages, for circus, or caravan building (which comes up from time to time in various RPG scenarios). I like the demo-scene created in collaboration with other artists' work to show how this can be incorporated. And of course.. whenever another of these zoomed-out "Old World Styles" comes out.. it means new maps and additions on the wilderness-scale maps for my Players! It's cute how you have that castle icon on your forum avatar now, Russ. My players have been inside that castle turret recently (playing AD&D 2E, module from Dragon Magazine "A Citadel By The Sea"). Keep up the fine work.
My players are heading to a bazaar, these are perfect!

Edited 1456442222
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Gold said: Very nice wagons and cages, for circus, or caravan building (which comes up from time to time in various RPG scenarios). I like the demo-scene created in collaboration with other artists' work to show how this can be incorporated. And of course.. whenever another of these zoomed-out "Old World Styles" comes out.. it means new maps and additions on the wilderness-scale maps for my Players! It's cute how you have that castle icon on your forum avatar now, Russ. My players have been inside that castle turret recently (playing AD&D 2E, module from Dragon Magazine "A Citadel By The Sea"). Keep up the fine work. Thanks Gold! I appreciate that, and I am currently working on set 13. You will have to prod Gabe on what it is or looks like, and get his opinion. After that, still deciding. Ive been asked to make a fantastic worlds set, steampunk, and modern (which...dunno how I will pull that off, but that is what challenges are for, right?) - Any other directions or themes you would like to see in upcoming Old World Style sets? Thank you Ed S. Hope your players can find what they want at the bazaar! 
Beautiful! Great work as always, sir!
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Thank you Avacyn!
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I'll have to toss a coin to decide whether I like the tents or the wagon's more for my portable shelter needs.  Excellent work Russ!  The fabric on the tents is really great.
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Gabriel P. said: I'll have to toss a coin to decide whether I like the tents or the wagon's more for my portable shelter needs.  Excellent work Russ!  The fabric on the tents is really great. I had way too much fun with the fabric this time around to not keep making more, playing with more variations...do ya think a fantasy realm laundromat set would do well? lol Thanks Gabe!