Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Allow sorting and/or searching of attributes and abilites on the Attributes & Abilities tab of character sheets.

When working with a sheet that has a lot of attributes and or abilities there can be a lot of wasted scrolling and manual searching.  It's also painful to add more attributes/abilities when you have a lot of them because the add button adds them at the bottom but is, itself at the top.  This can lead to a lot of scrolling if you end up needing to add more attributes/or abilities than you planned.  I would recommend implementing one or more of the following tweaks to the interface.   1.   Add a control next to attributes or abilities that will move them to the top of the list and, of course, scroll the list back to the top as well. 2.   Add a control to sort the attributes or abilities in ascending and descending alphabetical order.  This would mess up a purposefully set order, but make it more easy to find an item in a long list. 3.   Allow multiple lists or folders of attributes and abilities.  That way, attributes which exist on the character sheet or will not need modification can be hidden to make management of the others easier. 4.   Add a second Add button at the bottom of the list.  This way a user working with new attributes or abilities won't need to scroll back to the top to add a new one. 5.  Add a mechanism to fly to a particular attribute or ability by typing its name. 6.  Allow new attributes/abilities to be added to the top of the list instead of the bottom. Consider this example.  In a pathfinder game that I'm playing I added a few attributes to help keep track of a few extra things.  They were created at the end of the list.  To save a bit of a pain I clicked add multiple times before scrolling to the bottom to fill them in.  But i thought of a new value I would need while I was working at the end so I had to scroll back up to add another.  When I createdmy custom attributes, my character had only been lightly used.  Now that I've played a bit more, many attributes have been added automatically by the character sheet. My custom attributes are now in the middle of hundreds of unsorted attributes.  So I decided to pull my custom attributes to the top of the page for easy access.  But I had to move them one at a time by clicking on their handle and scrolling up through several pages of attributes.  If I create more custom attributes, they will be created at the bottom.  If I want easy access to them, I'll need to drag them up through hundreds of other abilities.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .