Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Interest Check (DnD 4E or 5E)

So with my new position at work and school settling its given me some time in which I can once again play some DnD. Its been quite some time since and there are many new things on here. However I would like to run a weekly game on Sundays of DnD 4e, I have seen that 4e is quite dead on here. It is the game I first learned and I know the best and could easily dive into and do well. However if I can't find anyone that wants to play that I would be willing to compromise and do 5e, its still new to me as I've never DMed it yet and might need some help as we go forward with it. Anyways to restate we would play Weekly on Sundays (starting around 6-8 CST), either DnD 4e or 5e, we would use either Google Hangouts, or Skype. New players would be welcome. Let me know if your interested by either posting on here, or sending me a private message with your Skype and we can try and catch each other. If you have questions or if there is something I missed, please feel free to ask.
If you want to do a 4e/5e game I'm free brother, I have a few character ideas.
I'd be down for a 5e game! been looking for 5 weeks now.... I need my fix of dnd
i would be interested. never played 4e (heard people tell bad things about it) but i would make my own opinion, 5e i have good experiences so far.

Edited 1456701689
4E isn't bad, just different, it flows more like a video game and because of that it can be harder to interrupt things, as they are laid out sticktly. I think for learning a system, 4E is easier for new people as its all laid out. However it does focus more on the battle side and because of that many DMs have trouble fitting in the story. I tend to have it be 60% battle style 40% RP style. EDIT: Also looks like I've gotten a few replys for a 4E game, so my question then is what do you wanna do for a campiagn? What level do you wanna start at?
Currently I'm in a 4e Dark Sun campaign so I wouldn't mind a change of pace and it's been my experience that starting at level 3 gives players a chance to have a better chance at survival. Your sandbox though, I just wanna play in it
Okay well I got a listing up <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/14308/dnd-4e" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/14308/dnd-4e</a>