Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

AD&D 2E MACROS TO SHARE MKII

Edited 1463208019
THIS IS THE CONTINUATION OF A THREAD WHICH HAS BEEN AUTOMATICALLY CLOSED:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2420089/ad-and-d-second-edition-macros-to-share" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2420089/ad-and-d-second-edition-macros-to-share</a> IN ORDER TO USE MOST OF THESE MACROS(OTHER THAN THE DM MACROS), YOU MUST COMPLETE YOUR CHARACTER SHEET, THEN COPY THE CODE FOR THE MACRO YOU WISH TO USE. &nbsp;OPEN UP YOUR CHARACTER SHEET AND TAB OVER TO THE ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES TAB. &nbsp;IN THE ABILITIES COLUMN, CLICK THE BUTTON TO ADD A NEW ABILITY. &nbsp;HOVER YOUR MOUSE OVER THE NEW ABILITY LINE AND CLICK ON THE PENCIL ICON WHICH APPEARS. &nbsp;PASTE THE CODE INTO THE LARGE FIELD THAT APPEARS AND ENTER A NAME FOR THE ABILITY. &nbsp;NOW, CLICK THE PENCIL ICON TO CLOSE THE ENTRY FIELDS AND CHECK THE BOX FOR SHOW AS TOKEN ABILITY. &nbsp;CLICK ON YOUR TOKEN, AND THE ABILITY BUTTON WILL APPEAR NEAR THE TOP LEFT CORNER OF THE SCREEN.

Edited 1456045916
INITIATIVE This macro is based on Table 41: "Optional Modifiers to Initiative" in the combat chapter of the 2E Dungeonmaster's guide and is useful for any class. If you make a weapon attack, this macro will roll initiative with the first weapon on your weapon table. If you declare you will perform an unarmed action, this macro has initiative modifiers for everything but breath weapons, spells, and scrolls. It will automatically update the turn order tracker for you. Be sure to adjust weapon speed on your weapon table if you are using a magic weapon or a two handed weapon with two handed weapon style, or a combination of both. /me THE @{race} @{class} @{kit} ATTEMPTS A COMBAT ACTION ON INITIATIVE SEGMENT [[1d10+?{TYPE OF ACTION|WEAPON ATTACK, @{weapspeed}|MEDIUM OR SMALL CREATURE UNARMED ACTION, 3|LARGE CREATURE UNARMED ACTION, 6|HUGE CREATURE UNARMED ACTION, 9|GARGANTUAN CREATURE UNARMED ACTION, 12|TINY CREATURE UNARMED ACTION, 0|INNATE SPELL ABILITY, 3|MISCELLANEOUS MAGIC ITEM, 3|POTION, 4|RING, 3|ROD, 1|STAFF, 2|WAND, 3}&{tracker}]]!

Edited 1469857440
HEALING IN COMBAT For anyone with the healing proficiency in combat. &nbsp;This must be performed within one round of injury and can only be performed once per day on any given target. &nbsp;The advantage of this is that you can move and use it in the same round, unlike spellcasting. &nbsp;Use this in a round to move to an injured team mate, perform first aid, then magically heal them the following round. &nbsp;It's better than nothing, and helps a lot at first level. &nbsp;Especially when most healers only have two or three cures per day. &{template:default}{{name=@{selected|token_name} PERFORMS HEALING ON @{target|token_name}}}{{HEALS @{target|token_name}=FOR [[D3]] HP}}
TALK For anyone in a text-based game, this one is a must! /me Says: "?{WHAT WILL YOU SAY?}"

Edited 1458788181
METHOD V So far, Method V character generation from the Player's Handbook seems to be Roll20 AD&D2E community standard. [[4D6K3]] [[4D6K3]] [[4D6K3]] [[4D6K3]] [[4D6K3]] [[4D6K3]] I have also seen a slightly more powerful version of Method V. &nbsp;Be forewarned. &nbsp;Characters with ability scores lower than 10 are uncommon with this method: [[4D6K3R&lt;1]]&nbsp;[[4D6K3R&lt;1]]&nbsp;[[4D6K3R&lt;1]]&nbsp;[[4D6K3R&lt;1]]&nbsp;[[4D6K3R&lt;1]]&nbsp;[[4D6K3R&lt;1]]

Edited 1465614654
REPAIR INJURY /me HEALS @{target|token_name} ! &{template:default}{{name=REPAIR INJURY}}{{SPHERE=HEALING}}{{LEVEL=3}}{{CASTING_TIME=1 TURN}} {{COMPONENTS=VERBAL, SOMATIC}}{{RANGE=TOUCH(1)}}{{EFFECT=[[1D10+1]]HEALING}} {{DURATION=INSTANT}}{{SAVING THROW=SPELL}}

Edited 1459161361
Gold
Forum Champion
This is still a great thread topic. Thank you for sharing macros. I will share more too. I just went and put your TALK macro into my game! Note to GAR: It seems to be a good idea to post Continuation threads that link back to the previous threads. This thread did not show up on the home page but can be found in General Discussion board, because of the age of the 1st post. Only recent threads are coming to the forum home page, ones where the 1st post is not older than a cutoff point. This is in addition to old threads closing after a period of inactivity.&nbsp; May I offer a slight visual improvement on your Ability Score macros? Try something like this, (I've added commas, line-break, and a nice orange separator that will tell the Player's name) /me Rolling New PC Ability Scores for this game! [[4D6K3]], [[4D6K3]], [[4D6K3]],&nbsp; [[4D6K3]], [[4D6K3]], [[4D6K3]] Fun macro to make your Players wonder, "Why is the DM rolling dice?" This macro made for the GM-only to press, only shows 1 thing to the Players in the chat ("You hear the DM rolling dice!"), meanwhile it actually rolls a few dice (hidden for the GM's eyes only) that might or might-not be useful to the Dungeon Master in-game at that moment. &nbsp;This gives you 5 d20's (could be used for your monster hit rolls), then a few dice commonly used for damage rolls, then a few percentage rolls. &nbsp;No harm in rolling this when you just need 1 of the dice, just roll the whole macro and look at the one that you need. /desc You hear the DM rolling dice. /gmroll 5d20 /w gm d4: [[d4]], d6: [[d6]], [[d6]], d8: [[d8]], [[d8]] /w gm d100: [[d100]]%, [[d100]]%, [[d100]]%

Edited 1471414573
ELVEN (AND HALF-ELVEN) DOOR ABILITIES /w gm &{template:default}{{name=@{selected|token_name}'S DOOR ABILITIES}}{{PASS WITHIN 10' OF A CONCEALED DOOR=[[D6&lt;1]]SUCCESSES}}{{SEARCH FOR CONCEALED DOORS=[[D6&lt;3]]SUCCESSES}}{{SEARCH FOR SECRET DOORS=[[D6&lt;2]]SUCCESSES}}
DRAGON SENSES DRAGON PC'S HAVE KEEN SENSES AND CAN BASICALLY DETECT ANYTHING WORTH DETECTING INCLUDING INVISIBLE OBJECTS AND CREATURES, TRAPS, SECRET DOORS, ETC. /me THE @{race} @{class} @{kit} USES DRAGON SENSE /r D100&lt;[[35+(@{level}*5)]]

Edited 1461877668
Affect Normal Fires With this spell, change the intensity or brightness of any fire within your range! /me plays with fire! &{template:default}{{name=Affect Normal Fires}}{{Spell Level=1}}{{School=Alteration}}{{Range=[[5 + @{level}*5-5]]}}{{Components=Verbal, Somatic, Material}}{{Duration=[[2 + @{level}*2-2]] rounds}}{{Casting Time=1}}{{Area of Effect=10ft radius}}{{Saving Throw=None}}{{Effect=Can cause nonmagical fires to either reduce in size to the brightness of mere coals or increase in light to become full daylight and double illumination radius. The cast can affect any and all nonmagical fires in the area of effect and alter each one separately or even cause them to cease burning which ends the spell. This spell has no affect on fire elemental so or similar creatures.}} (So just while I'm starting to put these up, to anyone who sees this and is interested, I plan on putting all these spell macros into one word document that I can hopefully share with the community so that all may benefit.)

Edited 1461876927
Alarm Avoid being caught off guard by having your wizard place one of these. Be warned however, Ethereal and Astrally projected creatures will not trigger the Alarm! /me creates an Alarm! &{template:default}{{name=Alarm}}{{Spell Level=1}}{{School=Abjuration, Evocation}}{{Range=10 yards}}{{Components=Verbal, Somatic, Material}}{{Duration=[[4 + @{level}]] rounds}}{{Casting Time=1 round}}{{Area of Effect=Up to 20ft cube}}{{Saving Throw=None}}{{Effect=When a creature enters the warded area cause an alarm to go off that can be heard in a 60ft radius for one round. -10 for each door, -20 for each substantial wall.}}

Edited 1461876894
Audible Glamer Fool your enemies with an illusionary sound! /me causes an illusionary sound! &{template:default}{{name=Audible Glamer}}{{Spell Level=1}}{{School=Illusion/Phantasm}}{{Range=[[60 + @{level}*10-10]] yards}}{{Components=Verbal, Somatic, Material}}{{Duration=[[3 + @{level}*3-3]]}}{{Casting Time=1}}{{Area of Effect=Hearing range}}{{Saving Throw=If disbelieving the sounds being created}}{{Effect=Can cause virtually any sound that the caster wishes however, the noise level is closely tied to the caster level. At level 1, this is equal to four men and each additional level of experience increase the noise level which is essentially four additional men per level. The amount of men that would be equal to the caster's choice of noise is at the DM's discretion.}}

Edited 1461876867
Change Self Need to go undercover? Time to get changing then! /me changes his/her size and/or shape! &{template:default}{{name=Change Self}}{{Spell Level=1}}{{School=Illusion/Phantasm}}{{Range=0}}{{Components=Verbal, Somatic}}{{Duration=[[2d6 + @{level}*2-2]] rounds}}{{Casting Time=1}}{{Area of Effect=The caster}}{{Saving Throw=DM may allow one for disbelief under certain circumstances}}{{Effect=The caster can change their shape to be a foot taller or shorter; thin or fat, or in between; human, humanoid or any other generally man-shaped bipedal creature. The spell does alter perceived tactile (eg. Touch) properties of the caster or his equipment which could be disastrous for the caster if someone were to discover the ruse this way!}}

Edited 1461876842
Charm Person See someone you particularly like and think might make a good ally? Charm them then! /me attempts to charm @{target|token_name}! &{template:default}{{name=Charm Person}}{{Spell Level=1}}{{School=Enchantment/Charm}}{{Range=120 yards}}{{Components=Verbal, Somatic}}{{Duration=Until successful Saving Throw}}{{Casting Time=1}}{{Area of Effect=1 person}}{{Saving Throw=Neg.}}{{Effect=Any bipedal human, demihuman or humanoid of man-size or smaller who fails their save perceives the cast as a trusted friend and will protect them. The caster cannot control the person who is charmed. At periodic intervals, a Saving Throw is made to see if the charmed person can break free. The time is associated with the person's Intelligence score as follows: 3 or less: 3 months 4-6: 2 months 7-9: 1 month 10-12: 3 weeks 13-14: 2 weeks 15-16: 1 week 17: 3 days 18: 2 days 19 or more: 1 day}}

Edited 1461876819
Chill Touch Sap your enemies Strength from them or send undead packing with this chilling spell! /me casts Chill Touch, causing a blue glow to encompass his/her hand! &{template:default}{{name=Chill Touch}}{{Spell Level=1}}{{School=Necromancy}}{{Range=Touch}}{{Components=Verbal, Somatic}}{{Duration=[[3 + @{level}]] rounds}}{{Casting Time=1}}{{Area of Effect=The caster}}{{Saving Throw=Neg.}}{{Effect=Touched creatures Save vs. Spell or take [[1d4]] cold damage and lost 1 point of Strength. Creatures without a Strength rating suffer a -1 penalty to their attack rolls. Undead must Save vs Spell or flee for [[1d4 + @{level}]] rounds.}}
Colour Spray Annoy your enemies with all manners of pretty colours! //me casts Colour Spray! &{template:default}{{name=Colour Spray}}{{Spell Level=1}}{{School=Alteration}}{{Range=From caster}}{{Components=Verbal, Somatic, Material}}{{Duration=Instant}}{{Casting Time=1}}{{Area of Effect=[[1d6]] creatures in a 5'x 20'x 20' wedge}}{{Saving Throw=Neg.}}{{Effect=All creatures above the level of the caster or have more Hit Dice than the cast are entitled to a Saving Throw vs. Spell. Creatures who are not allowed to save are those at a lower level than the caster or have less Hit Dice than the caster. Level/HD equal to or less than caster - struck unconscious for [[2d4]] rounds. Level/HD 1 or 2 greater than caster - blinded for [[1d4]] rounds. Level/HD 3 or more greater than caster - stunned for 1 round.}}

Edited 1461877601
Comprehend Languages Makes a spoken language understandable or a piece text understandable! Or, if you want to confuse people, do the exact opposite! /me makes a written text or creature understandable! &{template:default}{{name=Comprehend Languages}}{{Spell Level=1}}{{School=Alteration}}{{Range=Touch}}{{Components=Verbal, Somatic, Material}}{{Duration=[[5 + @{level}*5-5]]}}{{Casting Time=1 round}}{{Area of Effect=1 speaking creature or written text}}{{Saving Throw=None}}{{Effect=The caster makes any creature's speech or written text that would normally be incomprehensible, comprehensible. The wizard must be touching the text or creature but this spell does not bestow upon the wizard and understanding of the unknown language. Written material is read a one page or equivalent per round. Magical text remains incomprehensible other than that the spell reveals it is a magical text. The reverse of this spell, confuse languages , cancels a comprehend languages or render a piece of written text or creature's speech incomprehensible for the duration above.}}
Dancing Lights In need of a distraction? Perhaps you need to lure some enemies to your group? A lights of a mysterious source will make that possible! /me creates lights! &{template:default}{{name=Dancing Lights}}{{Spell Level=1}}{{School=Alteration}}{{Range=[[40 + @{level}*10-10}}{{Components=Verbal, Somatic, Material}}{{Duration=[[2 + @{level}*2-2]]}}{{Casting Time=1}}{{Area of Effect=1-4 lights that move as the caster wills}}{{Saving Throw=None}}{{Effect=The caster is able to create 1-4 lights at his option that resemble either torches or lanterns and cast the same amount of light, glowing sphere of light or one faintly glowing, vaguely manlike shape, somewhat similar to a creature of the Elemental Plane of Fire. The lights can move however the spellcasters desires and does not require concentration to do so. This spell cannot be used to blind and will wink out if it moves beyond the able range.}}
Detect Undead In an undead infested dungeon or tomb? This spell will tell where they are hiding! /me attempts to Detect Undead &{template:default}{{name=Detect Undead}}{{Spell Level=1}}{{School=Divination, Necromancy}}{{Range=0}}{{Components=Verbal, Somatic, Material}}{{Duration=3 turns}}{{Casting Time=1 round}}{{Area of Effect=[[60 + @{level}*10-10]]}}{{Saving Throw=None}}{{Effect=Allows the caster to detect undead in a path that is 10ft wide and as long as the Area of Effect in the direction the caster is facing. The caster must remain motionless and concentrate on the spell for a full round. This spell can be stopped by 1 foot of solid stone, 1 yard of wood or loose earth or a thin coating of metal and this spell does not reveal the type of undead detected, just that there is undead present in the direction the caster is facing.}}

Edited 1461878383
Enlarge Grow something to extraordinary sizes! Or perhaps shrink something to be itty bitty! /me attempts enlarge/shrink @{target|token_name}! &{template:default}{{name=Enlarge}}{{Spell Level=1}}{{School=Alteration}}{{Range=[[5 + @{level}*5-5]] yards}}{{Components=Verbal, Somatic, Material}}{{Duration=[[5 + @{level}*5-5]] rounds}}{{Casting Time=1}}{{Area of Effect=1 creature or object}}{{Saving Throw=Neg.}}{{Effect=This spell can be cast upon any creature or upon an object that does not exceed 10 cubic feet in volume per level of the caster. The target grows by 10% per level of the caster and all equipment worn and carried items increase in size as well. If there isn't sufficient room to grow, then the target will bust through weak structures to attain maximum height but be stopped by stronger materials. Damage is increased proportionally based on the equation (damage x 0.1 per level). For example, a fighter grows to 160% and attacks dealing 6 damage, the modified damage will be 10 (6 x 1.6 = 9.6, round up). Unwilling creatures are entitled to a Saving Throw. The reverse of this spell is reduce and shrinks the target by 10% per level of the caster to a minimum of 10% of the targets original size. Thereafter, the target shrinks by 1 foot to less than 1 foot, by 1 inch to less than 1 inch and by 1/10 of an inch to a minimum of 1/10 of an inch. Unwilling creatures are entitled to a Saving Throw.}}
Erase Need to remove something so that no-one can catch onto you? Or perhaps you there is some sort of protective spell nearby? Better erase it. /me erases some text from scroll or parchment! &{template:default}{{name=Erase}}{{Spell Level=1}}{{School=Alteration}}{{Range=30 yards}}{{Components=Verbal, Somatic}}{{Duration=Permanent}}{{Casting Time=1}}{{Area of Effect=1 scroll or 2 pages}}{{Saving Throw=None}}{{Effect=By means of this spell, explosive runes, glyphs of warding, sepia snake sigils and wizard marks can be removed, however, illusory scripts and symbols cannot be removed. Nonmagical writing can be erased from a scroll or two pages if the wizard is touching them otherwise it is a 90% chance. Magical writing has a [[30 + @{level}*5)]]% of being removed to a maximum of 90%.}}
CONE OF COLD &{template:default}{{name=CONE OF COLD}}{{SPELL LEVEL=5}}{{SCHOOL=EVOCATION}}{{RANGE=0}}{{COMPONENTS=VERBAL, SOMATIC, MATERIAL}}{{DURATION=SPECIAL}}{{CASTING_TIME=4}}{{AREA OF EFFECT=SPECIAL}}{{SAVING THROW=1/2}}{{SUBTLETY=?}}{{KNOCKDOWN=?}}{{SENSORY=?}}{{CRITICAL=?}}{{EFFECT=CONE OF COLD EMANATES FROM CASTER'S HAND [[@{level}*5]] FEET LONG AND [[@{level}*1]] FEET DIAMETER. IT DRAINS HEAT AND DOES [[(@{level}D4)+@{level}]] COLD DAMAGE }}
ICE STORM &{template:default}{{name=ICE STORM}}{{SPELL LEVEL=4}}{{SCHOOL=EVOCATION}}{{RANGE=[[({10,@{level}}kl1*10)]]}}{{COMPONENTS=VERBAL, SOMATIC, MATERIAL}}{{DURATION=SPECIAL}}{{CASTING_TIME=4}}{{AREA OF EFFECT=EITHER A 20' RADIUS AREA OF GREAT HAILSTONES, OR A 40' RADIUS AREA OF DRIVING SLEET FALLS}}{{SAVING THROW=NONE}}{{SUBTLETY=?}}{{KNOCKDOWN=?}}{{SENSORY=?}}{{CRITICAL=?}}{{EFFECT=[[3D10]] HAIL DAMAGE OR THE DRIVING SLEET FOR [[@{LEVEL}]] ROUNDS BLINDS AND SLOWS MOVEMENT BY HALF AND CAUSES SLIPS AND FALLS IF [[D100]] IS LESS THAN [[50]]}}

Edited 1469468806
DM MACRO ROLL FOR SURPRISE /me MAY NEED TO KNOW YOUR DEXTERITY REACTION ADJUSTMENT. PLEASE HAVE IT MEMORIZED TO SPEED THIS STEP UP AND TELL IT TO ME NOW. PLEASE ROLL AN ALERTNESS PROFICIENCY CHECK IF YOU HAVE IT. /w gm &{template:default}{{name= SURPRISE CHECK}}{{THE PARTY IS SURPRISED IF=[[D10 ?{ENEMY'S MODIFIER TO SURPRISE THE PARTY. USE A PLUS OR MINUS.|+0}]]≤ [[3]]}}{{THE ENEMY IS SURPRISED IF=[[D10 ?{PARTY'S MODIFIER TO SURPRISE THE ENEMY. USE A PLUS OR MINUS|+0}]]≤[[3]]}}

Edited 1465776194
MAGIC MISSILE &{template:default}{{name=MAGIC MISSILE}}{{SPELL LEVEL=1}}{{SCHOOL=EVOCATION}}{{RANGE=[[({10,@{level}}kl1*10)+60]]}}{{COMPONENTS=VERBAL, SOMATIC}}{{DURATION=INSTANT}}{{CASTING_TIME=1}}{{AREA OF EFFECT=TARGET CREATURE(S)}}{{SAVING THROW=NONE}}{{SUBTLETY=?}}{{KNOCKDOWN=?}}{{SENSORY=?}}{{CRITICAL=?}}{{EFFECT=[[ceil(({9, @{level}}kl1)/2)]] MISSILES WHICH CAUSE [[1D4+1]][[1D4+1]][[1D4+1]][[1D4+1]][[1D4+1]]FORCE DAMAGE}}
Gold
Forum Champion
GAR said: DM MACRO ADD TURN TIRED OF THE INCONVENIENT TOKEN "RIGHT CLICK" MENU OPTION TO ADD TURN? &nbsp;SELECT THE TOKEN AND CLICK THIS MACRO. :D &nbsp;HAVE A NICE DAY. /roll 0 &{tracker} Control-U (keyboard shortcut) does the same, faster than right-clicking. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Keyboard_Shortcuts" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Keyboard_Shortcuts</a> Ctrl/Cmd+U: Add selected object(s) to turn tracker And of course, your Initiative macro that's earlier in this thread, also does this.

Edited 1463333503
DM MACRO ENCOUNTER RANGE AND DIRECTION DIRECTION IS BASED ON THE COMPASS, WITH 1 BEING NORTH, AND EACH ASCENDING PIP REPRESENTING THE NEXT 45 DEGREE ANGLE ROTATING CLOCKWISE FROM NORTH, SUCH THAT 5 IS SOUTH AND 8 IS NORTHWEST. (I USE THIS FOR FLAVOR. &nbsp;I INTEND IT TO KEEP PLAYERS FROM GETTING BORED WITH ALWAYS APPEARING ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE RANDOM ENCOUNTER MAP.) /me IS PLACING THE CREATURE(S). PLEASE STAND BY. /w gm &{template:default}{{name= ENCOUNTER SET UP}}{{ENCOUNTER DIRECTION=[[D8]]}}{{ENCOUNTER DISTANCE IN SQUARES=?{ENCOUNTER SITUATION|BOTH GROUPS SURPRISED, [[D4]]|ONE GROUP SURPRISED, [[D6]]| NIGHTTIME OR BUILDING OR DUNGEON, LINE OF SIGHT|SMOKE FOG SNOW RAIN, [[6D6]]|PLAIN OR FARM, [[10D6]]|SCRUB OR BRUSH, [[4D6]]| FOREST, [[4D6]]|SYLVAN FOREST, [[2D6]]|DESERT, [[10D6]]| HILLS, [[10D8]]| MOUNTAINS, [[10D8]]| SWAMP, [[4D12]]|JUNGLE, [[2D6]]|OCEAN LAKE RIVER, [[10D6]]|ARCTIC,[[10D6]]}}}
Gold said: GAR said: DM MACRO ADD TURN TIRED OF THE INCONVENIENT TOKEN "RIGHT CLICK" MENU OPTION TO ADD TURN? &nbsp;SELECT THE TOKEN AND CLICK THIS MACRO. :D &nbsp;HAVE A NICE DAY. /roll 0 &{tracker} Control-U (keyboard shortcut) does the same, faster than right-clicking. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Keyboard_Shortcuts" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Keyboard_Shortcuts</a> Ctrl/Cmd+U: Add selected object(s) to turn tracker And of course, your Initiative macro that's earlier in this thread, also does this. Outstanding! &nbsp;Thank you for that. :D

Edited 1463978171
DM MACRO MONSTER HP If your monster has hit dice, plus hit points, put the plus amount in the monster's "@{conadj}" field. /gmroll [[(@{target|level}D8)@{target|conadj}]]

Edited 1465615220
FLAMING SPHERE &{template:default}{{name=FLAMING SPHERE}}{{SPELL LEVEL=2}}{{SCHOOL=EVOCATION}}{{RANGE=[[2]]}}{{COMPONENTS=VERBAL SOMATIC MATERIAL}}{{DURATION=[[@{LEVEL}*2]] ROUNDS}}{{CASTING_TIME=2}}{{AREA OF EFFECT=A [[1]] SQUARE FLAMING SPHERE WITH A [[1]] SQUARE HEAT RADIUS. THE CASTER MUST CONCENTRATE ONLY WHEN ROLLING THE SPHERE UP TO [[6]] SQUARES PER ROUND}}{{SUBTLETY=?}}{{KNOCKDOWN=?}}{{SENSORY=?}}{{CRITICAL=?}}{{EFFECT=[[2D4]] FIRE DAMAGE WHEN THE SPHERE COMES IN CONTACT WITH A CREATURE, OR [[1D4]] HEAT DAMAGE WITHIN THE HEAT RADIUS}}
GAR said: FIRST AID For anyone with the healing proficiency in combat. &nbsp;This must be performed within one round of injury and can only be performed once per day on any given target. &nbsp;The advantage of this is that you can move and use it in the same round, unlike spellcasting. &nbsp;Use this in a round to move to an injured team mate, perform first aid, then magically heal them the following round. &nbsp;It's better than nothing, and helps a lot at first level. &nbsp;Especially when most healers only have two or three cures per day. /me PERFORMS FIRST AID ON @{target|token_name} for [[d3]] HP ! Just like to say first off you might want to add in an option about if the person is a herbalist or not since you get a +1 hp to the first aid roll if you do. Even if the healing check fails herbalism still give the minium 1hp bonus. Though if you lack healing you have to make a herbalism check to get that 1hp on it's own. Any ways good stuff, just getting into the macro aspect of Roll20 but it seems a bit cool. Strange how there are very few youtube video's about them though and most of them are over a year or two old. Still some what informative but given most of the examples in those video's are for pathfinder or 5e it does make learning them a bit harder. Some times I wish one of you would do a quick video of how to set up a new character with macros. That said I would love to see some priest spells on this list, especially the go to ones like the various cure spells, heal, etc. Though I understand the priest ones generally have less dice rolls involved and I could probably tweak the wizard macro's to fit them but I"m not up to that level yet. One problem I am having though is that all my macro's list my player name instead of the token/character that it came from. For example on the learn spell macro it says my name, the token's race and size tried to learn a spell intsead of the token tried to learn.
Gold
Forum Champion
Julian the First J. said: GAR said: FIRST AID One problem I am having though is that all my macro's list my player name instead of the token/character that it came from. For example on the learn spell macro it says my name, the token's race and size tried to learn a spell intsead of the token tried to learn. Hello Julian! There are 3 or more alternative ways to overcome that issue, and be able to display the Character's name / the Token's name, in the chat room. First, a Player can change their Display Name for each campaign, under the settings gear-icon in the game table. I usually ask my 2E PC's to connect their MainCharacterName(AndTheirPlayerName) for their Display name, so you get the Character+Player names visible. Advanced Tip: Works best with no spaces so that you can Whisper to either name, and the same person comes up! &nbsp;My players, listed along the bottom, are named things like DM(Gold) ... Elf(GAR) ... TheFirst(Julian) ... Wizard(Tyrone) ... I say this is the first, best option because, once you ask your Players to change their DisplayName to this on the 1st game day, all of their chat speech will say the name going forward (in that game group) with no other clicks required. Display Name wiki docs, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Settings#Display_Name" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Settings#Display_Name</a> Second, once a Player is assigned control of a Character Journal, then the Player can use the Drop-down menu at the bottom of the chat to begin speaking as the Character-name. An upside is they can control switching back-and-forth from Player chatting to Character chatting, or even switch between multiple Characters, and the GM can switch to chatting as any of the Characters or NPC's. The only downside is, this defaults back to the Player when they log out. The Players need to be asked-reminded to switch the drop-down to their Character name each session. Chat wiki docs that mentions the drop-down for speaking as one of your Characters, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Text_Chat#Chatting" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Text_Chat#Chatting</a> Third, you can Edit the Macro to contain the "selected". The downside with this is, the Player must Select their Token to speak as that-name. &nbsp;The upside is, GM can assign this Macro as a "Token Action" with Visibility set to All Players. In this way it will appear as a Macro Button at the top, when the Player clicks their Token. This way you know their Token is selected, and this macro will be able to print that name in the chat. Example macro with Selected, /me @{selected|character_name} is ready for adventure! Check this out though, offering a Pop-up text area for the player to type what their character will say, and then prints it into the chat, !cem @{selected|token_name} says: "?{WHAT WILL YOU SAY?}" Wiki docs for the Selected macro method, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Using_a_Selected_To" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Using_a_Selected_To</a>...

Edited 1471806218
Julian the First J. said: GAR said: FIRST AID For anyone with the healing proficiency in combat. &nbsp;This must be performed within one round of injury and can only be performed once per day on any given target. &nbsp;The advantage of this is that you can move and use it in the same round, unlike spellcasting. &nbsp;Use this in a round to move to an injured team mate, perform first aid, then magically heal them the following round. &nbsp;It's better than nothing, and helps a lot at first level. &nbsp;Especially when most healers only have two or three cures per day. /me PERFORMS FIRST AID ON @{target|token_name} for [[d3]] HP ! Just like to say first off you might want to add in an option about if the person is a herbalist or not since you get a +1 hp to the first aid roll if you do. Even if the healing check fails herbalism still give the minium 1hp bonus. Though if you lack healing you have to make a herbalism check to get that 1hp on it's own. Any ways good stuff, just getting into the macro aspect of Roll20 but it seems a bit cool. Strange how there are very few youtube video's about them though and most of them are over a year or two old. Still some what informative but given most of the examples in those video's are for pathfinder or 5e it does make learning them a bit harder. Some times I wish one of you would do a quick video of how to set up a new character with macros. That said I would love to see some priest spells on this list, especially the go to ones like the various cure spells, heal, etc. Though I understand the priest ones generally have less dice rolls involved and I could probably tweak the wizard macro's to fit them but I"m not up to that level yet. One problem I am having though is that all my macro's list my player name instead of the token/character that it came from. For example on the learn spell macro it says my name, the token's race and size tried to learn a spell intsead of the token tried to learn. Herbalism grants +1 to the healing proficiency check, not the amount of hp you heal. This macro is what you would roll once the check is made. Herbalism doesn't grant you d3+1 hp for example.

Edited 1465701337
POLYMORPH SELF &{template:default} {{name=POLYMORPH SELF}}{{SPELL LEVEL=4}}{{SCHOOL=ALTERATION}}{{RANGE=[[0]]}}{{COMPONENTS=VERBAL}}{{DURATION=[[@{level}*20]]ROUNDS}}{{CASTING_TIME=4}}{{AREA OF EFFECT=THE CASTER}}{{SAVING THROW=NONE}}{{SUBTLETY=?}}{{KNOCKDOWN=?}}{{SENSORY=?}}{{CRITICAL=?}}{{EFFECT=ASSUME THE FORM OF ANY CORPOREAL CREATURE SIZE TINY TO SIZE LARGE. THE CASTER GAINS THE PHYSICAL MODE OF LOCOMOTION AND BREATHING. NO NEW ATTACKS, MAGICAL MOVEMENT OR SPELLS. THE CASTER'S EQUIPMENT AND WEAPONS MORPH TOO. THE CASTER RETAINS ALL MENTAL ABILITIES AND SPELLS IN THE NEW FORM AND CAN CAST IF THE NEW FORM CAN SPEAK NORMALLY AND HAS HANDS FOR SOMATIC COMPONENTS. THE CASTER CAN CHANGE FORMS ONCE PER ROUND UNTIL THE DURATION ENDS. EACH CHANGE TAKES ONE FULL ROUND. THE CASTER RETAINS HP, ThAC0, AND SAVES OF THEIR ORIGINAL FORM. THE SPELL ENDS IF THE CASTER VONUNTARILY RETURNS TO THEIR OWN FORM.}}{{SPECIAL EFFECT=THE CASTER REGENERATES [[D12]]HP UPON RETURNING TO THEIR OWN FORM}}

Edited 1466386415
DM MACRO BIRTHDAY For DMs who actually use a calendar to track weather, seasons, moon phases, and holidays, this macro is great for aging your PC's. Just set this macro to be used by all tokens and have your players roll up a birthday one time, and record the results on your calendar. &nbsp; :D /w gm &{template:default}{{name=@{selected|token_name}'s BIRTHDAY}}{{MONTH=[[D12]]}}{{(4)APRIL, (6)JUNE, (9)SEPTEMBER, (11)NOVEMBER=[[D30]]}}{{(1)JANUARY, (3)MARCH, (5)MAY, (7)JULY, (8)AUGUST, (10)OCTOBER, (12)DECEMBER=[[D31]]}}{{(2)FEBRUARY=[[D28]]}}{{(2)FEBRUARY LEAP YEAR=[[D29]]}}

Edited 1469484408
DM MACRO THE NEW MORALE CHECK Just give all your NPC's a "Morale" attribute. &nbsp;Set this macro to be shown in bar. &nbsp;It will require you to target a token, so target the one you kept attached to the sheet. /w gm &{template:default}{{name= @{target|token_name} ROLLS FOR MORALE}}{{MORALE CHECK PASSES IF [[2d10]]=IS LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO [[@{target|morale}]]}}

Edited 1468104448
DM MACRO MISFIRE! This macro is the misfire system from AD&D 2E Player's Option: Combat and Tactics. &nbsp;Got a player who insists on using Firearms? &nbsp;"Uh oh. &nbsp;You rolled a misfire? Muhuhahaha!" /w gm &{template:default}{{name=MISFIRE!}}{{MISFIRE RESULT=[[2D6]]}}{{[[2]][[3]] EXPLOSION=TAKE [[2D6]] DAMAGE OR SAVE VS DEATH FOR [[D6]] DAMAGE. GUN DESTROYED.}}{{[[4]][[5]][[6]][[7]] FOULED BARREL=CANNOT SHOOT UNTIL CAREFULLY CLEANED FOR [[10*D3]] ROUNDS}}{{[[8]][[9]][[10]][[11]][[12]] HANGFIRE=GOES OFF [[D3]] ROUNDS LATER THAN IT SHOULD, AT WHICH POINT A NORMAL ATTACK MAY BE MADE.}}

Edited 1466816178
FIREARMS EXPLODING DICE PROCESS I set up these macros to explode a damage die 25% of the time(Other than the Blunderbusses). &nbsp; You can actually paste these macros directly into the damage field on the character sheet weapon table. &nbsp;Here are the Flintlocks. &nbsp;They misfire on a natural 1. Belt Pistol [[[[(ceil(D4!/4))]]D8]] Blunderbuss Pistol (SHORT RANGE) [[[[D4]]D6]] Blunderbuss&nbsp;(SHORT RANGE)&nbsp;[[[[D4]]D8]] Carbine&nbsp;[[[[(ceil(D4!/4))]]D10]] Horse Pistol&nbsp;[[[[(ceil(D4!/4))]]D10]] Musket [[[[(ceil(D4!/4))]]D12]]