Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Any new or veteran players possibly interested in running a long term D&D Next rule-set campaign in the Forgotten Realms?

Hello, I am possibly interested in DM'ing a one day a week, either Sat or Sun night (US East Coaster) game for 6 players. I have one person already and would need two to four more players if there are any interests. I run a Basic D&D 1.0 campaign already and would possibly like to have one more game going. If this group get's off the ground it will be held within the Forgotten Realms Setting and we will be using the current Test Play package of the new D&D Next edition. We will play this current edition until the retail version is released and then will make adjustments upon release. I am looking for this to be a long term game so I am going to be a little blunt. If you cannot fully commit for a one night, three to four hour a week game then please do not waste my time nor the other group members that would be waiting around. I am not looking for any rule lawyers of other editions either. This is going to be a fun laid back game. All characters will start at level one and there are no restrictions as to what you can play. The optional feats will also be added as well. I would like the party to have some sort of balance to be the most successful because the monsters in D&D Next are really beefy which I truly like. There will be several house rules but nothing major which will be gone into later if this gets off the ground. So if anyone would possibly be interested either if you are a totally new player or experienced please fell free to make a post.
I would totally be interested. I've only played 4th though so I would be a total newbie when it comes to next.
Im interested in playing.  East coaster here also.  I've played 4e some, but mostly playing Pathfinder right now.
I havn't played D&D in a while and it was 3.5, i played a little bit of 4e, i downloaded and read through the d&d next rules and am interested in playing.
I might be interested in this, as I've always sort of had a soft spot for the Forgotten Realms setting. Unfortunately, whether or not I could play would depend on the day the group chooses. Saturday works for me, but I have other plans on Sunday. I have some experience with 4E and I've been signed up for the Next playtest for months but haven't actually gotten to put any iterations of it to use yet.

Edited 1377309567
I have played more pathfinder than D&D but am familiar with the rules. Would love to join a game on saturday nights if it starts a little later.
Thanks all for the show of interest. We could shoot for a later Saturday night game say around 8 to 10pm ish EST.  I have a teamspeak server which is how well communicate, sorry this wont be a text only game. For the people who are going to play in the game I would like to stick with the current playtest ruleset and not incorporate multi-class just yet. I have gotten several private messages and multi-classing will probably be in when the game releases so if were still going when it releases then we can always make adjustments for anyone wanting to try it. I would also like the players to come up with a nice backstory so I can incorporate your stories into our game as well. Choose any city/areas at all within the Forgotten Realms.  Also, I am curious as to what kind of balance the party would be, so please feel free to post the classes your interested in playing. Lets just try to have a good balance but yet play the fun classes that you would preferably like to play. Dave
I'm thinking of playing a rogue. I was particularly inspired by  The Rogue's Handbook , and the fact that I've had fun the few times I've played rogues in other systems. I've even got the seeds of an interesting backstory with a few plot hooks kicking around in my head.

Edited 1377393470
I was also thinking of going rogue and building him to be a duelist. As for background I'm toying with the idea of a former member of the Coronal's guard of Myth Drannor who was falsely accused of preparing a coup by another high official and banished from the City. Edit *With Matt thinking Rogue I can easily rework my idea to be a fighter.*
DM,  I and my brother are interested as well.  We've played 1e back in the mid 80's and have play tested 5e, but not the latest packet.  We have mics and experience with team speak too.  As far as characters- we're open to all/any classes, are not power brokers, nor rules junkies.  Hit me up if you have room
Im thinking of playing a Dwarf cleric or Ranger depending on party needs.
Hello again gents and thanks for all of the interests. We have 7 players including the brothers who are interested in playing. So with a buddy of mine who will be 8 that would be a rather large party. I would not mind DM'ing a game this large but I do want to let everyone know that you have to be patient while playing with 7 other people. I know Keith was talking about playing a Cleric so lets start by talking about what classes everyone would like to play. Lets try not to have 6 of the same class but have diversity so we can all see what each of the classes can do. I am rather excited to start a D&D next campaign to be honest with all of you. I DM a classic basic D&D game on thursday with 6 players and have a blast with it. We are probably going to convert my classic campaign on Thursdays to 5.0 as well. There are a few questionable rules or concerns I have about 5.0 but overall I am very EXCITED to finally be able to invest into another of edition of D&D since I havent purchased anything since AD&D 1st ed. Yes I know thats a long time lol. Also I am going to close the game for anymore players wanting to join now because 8 is more then enough. So sorry in advance if anyone else would like to join. Maybe we can do a waiting list or something for players looking to join if we lose several players. I would like you all to download the D&D next playtest package from the Wizards.com website and read about creating a character and classes. The rest will be cake to learn. Also please come up with a detailed background for your character so I can involve that within the campaign as well. Please do not do any 2 sentence rush jobs hehe. Have hometown (anywhere on the Forgotten Realms map) locations, previous life stories, jobs, betrayals, tragedies and all that other good jazz to enhance your characters background. We will try and get rolling between 9-10 pm EST on Saturday nights. Well play probably 3-4 hours and we will use Teamspeak. Sorry no exceptions so have a working mic and do not be mic-shy. Well have a blast. So within the next few days well figure out who is playing who and everyone can start making your characters. As for stats please use the optional way to place your stats with a base of 8 in all stats and then use the 30 points to allocate the remaining. Then add in your racial bonuses, spend your 175 gold on equipment and everything else character creation wants you to do. Then I will also go over all of your sheets with you and help you out with any questions that you may have. Ill get you all my TS information once we get the class situation all figured out. Lets the good times begin. Talk to you all soon! David
Dang, I am late to the party, I am looking for a Sunday 5PMish group, DM I know this is would be a huge undertaking, but would you consider running 2 groups for your campaign a Saturday night and Sunday night?  
Hello Bryan, thanks for the interests but this is going to be my second game. I also run a Basic D&D 1.0 on Thursday nights as well. I hate to turn folks down that want to play but I already have 8 people for this game. I do not know any other DM's out there on Roll20 so there isnt anywhere that I could direct you as well. David