Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Shadow of the Demon Lord - Learn to Play - Tuesday March 15th, 2016 7PM Central Time (US)

Edited 1457704117
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Shadow of the Demon Lord is a dark fantasy / horror / end of times / kick ass / you might die a lot game that I have had the pleasure of testing since before it was even enough to call a game system. The world is dark and dead, or soon to be dead, but the system is quick and easy - and rules lite. The basic concept of the game can be taught very quickly, and with the API doing most of the work I am hoping that new players will be able to get into the game and not get bogged down with details (you can get those when you buy the books). We will be playing the second half of the adventure "In Need of Killing" - a lovely tale about a corrupt and insane cult leader (Marius Clay) and the demonic tomb he has broken into. The group has found the underground tomb and just entered via a hole in the ceiling of a large domed chamber... The story has room for 5 adventurers (pre-gen level 1 characters (the game normally starts at level 0 but I want you to see just a hair more of whats available))... is anyone brave enough to enter the Tomb of the Defiler? if so please reply here. First come first serve. If we dont get at least 4 we will re-schedule (as I plan on running this as often as I can to teach as many players as possible). G+ SotDL Community (official message boards) Roll20 Thread (about using Roll20 for SotDL) The game will use Roll20 voice chat (video if you have it - mine will be on). I can send you a copy of the games starter guide if you are going to play but have not played or read the rules prior. There was a previous LTP session that went very well, sadly real life (read as hockey season for my kids) took over and I was not able to follow up... here is the follow up.  Thank you and see you in the tomb! 1. Bad DM (Matthew P) 2. Mike  3.Smidig 4. 5. ~Dan 
I am in! Matt Paluch

Edited 1457530011
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Minor changes to original post to comply with roll20 rules... sorry for any confusion.
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Still LFP - PM me if you have questions or are worried about being too new...
Mike
Plus
Compendium Curator
add meez please.
Sign me up :)
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Still looking for 1 or 2 more for this game - jump in while you can!
Can i make a character (documenting everything i do of course in case i am wrong) and if so, lvl 0 or 1?  If you prefer I use a pregen i am totally fine with that! Looking forward to it!
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I am using all pregens because I have them set up using all the bells and whistles already (well maybe not all of them, but all the ones I wanted to use). I have all the combat and reaction'esqe macros predone for each character, they all use the powercards script, and they all poop out the answers in a consistent manner - makes learning the game that much easier. 
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
We are still on for tonight - 3 players confirmed, I have 1 who wants to watch that I might convince into playing, and possible 5th from my normal play group. Link to the game is being PM'd out now.  I should be logged in 30 minutes early if you want to join me you are welcome to!
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Still room for one more if you want to be a late addition!