Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Undo a token bar change?

Is it possible to Undo a change to the bar of a token? Example:  A creature has 98 hp and is hit for 10 points of damage.  But rather than type -10 I type 10.  So now the creature has 10 hp rather than 88.  I realize this, but cannot remember what the previous value was.  Can I 'undo' the change?  I tried hitting CTRL-Z but that didn't work. PS  This has not actually happened, but I'm sure it will at some point.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It has happened to me.  I don't think there is a way in the interface to undo it, but I could write a pretty simple script that would track the last so many values in the bars silently and provide that information (or even rollback) with a command.  (Note, it would only track changes made by humans, not scripts, but I think that would solve the problem.)
That would definitely solve the problem, but you already have so much on your plate I don't want to add more to it.
If you do write this, perhaps make it a feature of TokenMod?  Have a toggle setting to save the last X values.  You could even allow it to save changes via TokenMod that way.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That's a distinct possibility. =D
Gold
Forum Champion
I have had this happen to me, and happened to a player. Of course we just made up the best answer we could remember to restore the points. Would have used "Undo" at that moment if it was available. Following this thread to see what The Aaron and the community comes up with. For me I agree with Three's idea of adding it to your Token-Mod, mainly since I already use Token-Mod, but also because this feature sounds related and would only ever be used/needed on a token (that has bars). History could be neat as an added feature -- for majority of times when the number is correctly added/subtracted. What if it could later output the token's "Hit Point history"?  Example: "Astro Aaron has been down to 1 HP, 28 times in his adventuring career so far".  Or, "Gold's Dragon has been hit.... 76 times" (and they still haven't killed it). If you were tracking/storing the changes in the value anyway.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I also would endorse this option, either as part of tokenmod (hint hint) or a standalone script. For me it would be a benefit for tracking hit point increases when players level up. I've had players who didn't quite understand how to do it and were adding all three dice rolls to their HP and not just the highest one!! Took me nearly a full level to discover (being a busy DM) and then i had to trawl my games chat archive to make sure that each level they had done it right or not (level 6 rogues should not have 70+ HP!).