Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Copy/Paste

I find the tabletop's copy & paste very frustrating to use. I'm always surprised by the positions of the pasted objects. Perhaps there is some rhyme to the reason, but this long-time photoshop/illustrator/inkscape user is baffled. It would be extremely useful to have a modifier key dedicated to duplication: alt-drag to copy, for instance. Or at least paste the items where the pointer is pointing. And please change the selection to the _pasted_ items. As it stands my flow is copy, paste, search for the pasted items, do my best to select them (not easy if there were many and they pasted on top of the originals), then drag to desired position. Sorry to be a complainer, but copy/paste is pretty central to my map-making flow. Thanks!
Gid
Roll20 Team
The way pasting currently works is that any new image will be pasted where ever you last clicked on the tabletop.
Thanks, that does help. I'd still like to see the newly pasted items become selected - as it's usually those that I want to reposition.