Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't type into chatbox, previous messages collapse

Starting just today, whenever I try to run a macro or type anything into the chatbox it will not appear and after a few seconds will cause statblock items previously entered into the chatbox to collapse, like so: However, when I check the chat archive from outside the campaign all of the messages and macros that I attempted to enter all appear. This doesn't seem to be happening to my GM or the other players. Obviously I can't play like this and only have a few days before our next session. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Things I've tried: Used other browsers Cleared cache Restarted PC Re-installed browsers Not sure what else I can try. We are playing on the dev server in case that matters.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Looks like a Roll Template bugged out—your GM should be able to fix this by Clearing your Chat Archive (note: not Clearing your Current Chat Log ). Your GM might want to copy/back up your Chat Archive before clearing it.

Edited 1457912165
Thank you! I'll let him know. It turns out it was happening to the other players as well, but the GM said everything worked for him. I'll post again if it doesn't work for whatever reason. Out of curiosity, is there anything in particular that would cause this that should be avoided, or is it just a bug that occurs semi-randomly? Thanks again :)
Silvyre
Forum Champion
The only Roll Templates that I've heard of experiencing this rarely-occuring issue are those provided by the Pathfinder Character Sheet. Regardless, the issue does seem rarely-occuring (and fixed easily enough), so I don't really think it's worth devoting any thought to hypothetical preventative measures. :)
Thank you Silvyre for your help with that. (Is the DM in question). Just making sure you know I appreciate it. Having a wacky wednesday where we have to go through the chat log to see what we did would have been very interesting, but I think we're much happier with having it fixed. Cheers~
Silvyre said: The only Roll Templates that I've heard of experiencing this rarely-occuring issue are those provided by the Pathfinder Character Sheet. Regardless, the issue does seem rarely-occuring (and fixed easily enough), so I don't really think it's worth devoting any thought to hypothetical preventative measures. :) It's happened to me when using the OGL and it's roll templates.