Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Voice chat notification with names showing only.

Hello When using the voice and video chat, a wee blinking light signals on the video chat to show who is talking. This doesn't show when you have just the name plates only showing. Is there a way to make this happen? I use a 19" monitor with 1360x768 resolution, so I need all the space I can get!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
To only have the name showing, sure thing. When you are inside the game room, click on the settings tab (has a gear) then scroll down to avatar and select what you want (large, medium, small, or name). If it is to get the blinking light while on name only, sorry but not possible. Wiki info on chat avatars:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Settings#Enable_Chat_Avatars" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Settings#Enable_Chat_Avatars</a>
Getting the notification while on name only is what I'm after. Is it impossible due to it not being an option or is there no way to do it? Could it be implemented at a later date if I put in a suggestion or maybe through the API?

Edited 1464300406
Silvyre
Forum Champion
You can use a third-party browser extension (e.g. Stylish) to accomplish this by customizing the in-game CSS: /* Names With Audio Meter */ @-moz-document domain("app.roll20.net"), domain("app.roll20dev.net") { .namesonly .video { &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;display: inherit !important; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;min-height: 0px !important; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;height: 0px !important; } .namesonly .OT_widget-container { &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;display: none !important; } .namesonly #publisher_video { &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;top: -34px !important; } } Usage: 1. Install Stylish for Firefox or Chrome. 2. Save the code above as a New Style. 3. That should be it! Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Silvyre said: You can use a third-party browser extension (e.g. Stylish) to do so by customizing the app's CSS: /* Names With Audio Meter */ @-moz-document domain("app.roll20.net"), domain("app.roll20dev.net") { .namesonly .video { &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;display: inherit !important; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;min-height: 0px !important; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;height: 0px !important; } .namesonly .OT_widget-container { &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;display: none !important; } .namesonly #publisher_video { &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;top: -34px; !important; } } Usage: 1. Install Stylish for Firefox or Chrome. 2. Save the code above as a New Style. 3. That should be it! If you Let me know if you have any further questions. Alright! I've installed Stylish, and added the above as a new style. &nbsp;I had to take out the semicolon on line 14, after -34px as stylish saw an error there. Now, what should I be seeing when its working, because it doesn't seem to be doing anything.(I did try it with the ; in place as the above code shows) PS: I really appreciate the help on this!

Edited 1458089267
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Good catch with the semi-colon. This is what you should be seeing, if you're broadcasting voice to others: Click the image below to play the .gif I haven't tested it with multiple users in-game, but I'd hope it would apply to them, as well. (If anyone is a CSS expert, I welcome any input!)
Thanks for the workaround&nbsp; Silvyre ! I, like&nbsp; Mike R. , would love to see this implemented as a Roll20 global feature if possible. &nbsp;The only reason I choose "Small" over "Name" is to see the voice indicator -- but if the indicator also showed up for "Name", I'd set to "Name" 99% of the time!
Well, that's exactly what I want, but it doesn't seem to be working for me yet. I am on a Ubuntu OS, and using the newest version of chrome. I've no clue if that has any bearing on why this isn't working for me. I use Ubuntu because its free, and not really for any other reasons.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Huge thanks to&nbsp; The Aaron for helping me with testing! Mike R. , try using Stylish's import function (as shown below) such that the Style gets applied to the domains app.roll20.net and app.roll20dev.net
^ that did it. Thanks for the help, eh.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sweet! &nbsp;=D
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Awesome!