Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[3.5e] Macros for spells

I have created macros for spells in the spell list on the character sheet.  However I would to create a drop down menu with my list.  I could then have the entire list in front of me.  It could look something like @{Smith|Divine_level0_5}.  This would reference character sheet for Smith, then divine spell level 0, and lastly the 5th spell on the list.  

Edited 1458072387
Drop downs aren't really going to work because they run through the entire macro before producing the drop down list, so any macro calls or attributes are run before you make your selection. What I have done as a work around is a drop down to add a button to the chat to call the spell macro, in my case it was the skills but the idea is the same. Something like this ?{Spell ?|Sacred Flame, [Sacred Flame](!
%{Smith|Sacred-Flame})|Mending, [Mending](!
%{Smith|Mending})} You will need to have an Ability macro on Smith for each spell. Those abilities would reference the attributes in the sheet

Edited 1458073883
Silvyre
Forum Champion
[@{Smith|repeating_spells01_$4_spellname01} ](~Smith|repeating_spells01_$4_spellcast01) If you're using the 3.5 Edition Character Sheet, this is the Ability Command Button that calls Smith's 5th 0-level divine spell (if it exists).

Edited 1458074731
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Expanding on Ed S. 's idea, here's how you might make a "spell menu" from Ability Command Buttons : /w Smith &{template:default} {{name=Divine Spells}} {{ ?{Divine Spell Level| 0, 0-level Spells [@{Smith|repeating_spells01_$0_spellname01}](~Smith|repeating_spells01_$0_spellcast01) [@{Smith|repeating_spells01_$1_spellname01}](~Smith|repeating_spells01_$1_spellcast01) [@{Smith|repeating_spells01_$2_spellname01}](~Smith|repeating_spells01_$2_spellcast01) [@{Smith|repeating_spells01_$3_spellname01}](~Smith|repeating_spells01_$3_spellcast01) [@{Smith|repeating_spells01_$4_spellname01}](~Smith|repeating_spells01_$4_spellcast01) | 1, 1st Level Spells Hover over the roll buttons on the sheet to get the names of repeating sections. | etc., etc. etc. | etc., etc. etc. } }} You'll have to manually all of your spells to the macro, as the macro will break if you try to call a repeating item that doesn't yet exist. e.g. @{Smith|repeating_spells01_$5_spellname01} if Smith doesn't have a 6th 0-level divine spell on their sheet.
Thank You Sivyre, that will come in very handy.
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
Also note that there is a typo on the sheet.  The level 1 divine spells section is repeating_ spells _$#_spellname11 (_spellmacro11 or _spellcast11) instead of repeating_ spells11 _$#_spellname11 (which is what it is labeled as and should ideally be to be consistent).  This typo is being fixed in that the hover title will be corrected on the next pull of the sheet.  I will not be fixing the attribute name since everyone with data entered in that area would lose those entries.