Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The Color Animal Inn: Newbie-friendly open Pathfinder Livestream YouTube Thingy! (March 19, 2016, 4pm CST)

Greetings, young hero! Perhaps you have heard by now of the wondrous opportunities to be had in the rapidly-growing town of Owhe? How a series of earthquakes revealed long-hidden tombs, caverns, and dungeons populated by dangerous monsters and filled with fantastic treasure? And how numerous adventurers have made their fortunes (and sometimes their fates, but let's not dwell on the down side!) by coming here to try their hand at exploration? Well, now it's your turn! Visit the best little town in the middle of nOWHEre!! Shop our bountiful stores, visit our scenic dungeons, and share tales of adventure with other heroes at: The Color Animal Inn! So, here's what's the thing, what it is, is: The Color Animal Inn is my attempt to create a 'game' that anyone can join, on a semi-regular basis. The campaign I have set up includes a large number of complicated interactions between character sheets, macros, token actions, and API scripts. This all works together to make a very, very simple interface, suitable for even the newest newbie to use quickly, easily, and intuitively. NO GAMING KNOWLEDGE IS REQUIRED I will be recording these sessions and livestreaming them over YouTube, as a sort of podcast type of thing that I hope will become popular. Each session will be couched in the idea that participants are visiting a bar, where they can meet one another and discuss various topics of interest. The first part of each session will feature my making a link to the game available to the general public, through these forums. Any Roll20 member who wishes to do so may join, until the 'bar' reaches maximum capacity (Currently limited to 6 players.) During this period, those present are invited to discuss whatever gaming-related topics they wish. In addition, I will be doing various things to help new players, and sometimes old players. Mostly the topics will be fluid, but sometimes I'll have something special I'll wish to demonstrate. For example, I might show new players how to make their characters, or I might show experienced Roll20 GMs a method I've discovered for creating detailed macros for their game. Whatever people want to chat about, we're gonna chat about. The second part of each session will begin when there are at least 4 participants who want to play, generally one to two hours after the doors open. Using characters they've created during this session, characters they'd like to import into this game, or an ever-growing selection of pregenerated characters, everyone who wishes to will get to play. The participants will then get to do a VERY random, free-form style of role-playing and combat, with exploration, puzzles, traps, monsters, and of course treasure! Using my vast array of random tables, random dungeon generators, random treasure charts, and Roll20s own system, there's no telling what might happen. And since I encourage the participants to make up significant portions of the story, even I won't know what's going to happen! These sessions can end up being anywhere from serious to silly, depending on the moods of the participants, and every group will be different. Sound like fun? Want to be part of this? Great, here's all you have to do! Rule 1: Don't be a jerk. I'm the only jerk allowed in this particular tavern, and I've already tried kicking myself out. Don't make me boot you, too. Rule 2: If you obey Rule 1, I don't need a Rule 2. Gameplay will occur on Roll20, and will be recorded. Voice contact will take place through Roll20's voice system. If this fails for some reason (a rare thing lately, although it used to be common) we will use Skype as a backup. Since this will be recorded, you will need a decent quality microphone and a minimum of background noise. If I have to mute you due to noise, I will. You are welcome to broadcast video, as long as you don't make me go back and edit anything later! You are NOT required to do so. The entire session will be recorded as well as being broadcast live across YouTube, meaning that anything done within the program needs to meet YouTube's terms of service. Vulgar language is allowed, within reason. Racism, homophobia, hate speech, and anything like that is not, and anyone displaying such actions will be lucky to get a single warning. You can find prevous episodes of The Color Animal Inn here , or by searching for Phnord Prephect on YouTube. Links to the game will be provided openly on the day of the event, shortly before the webcast begins. These links will change on a regular basis to ensure a variety of participants get the chance to be part of the occasion. Those who post in the notification thread (ie: this one) will receive their invitations approximately one hour earlier, thus giving them priority and some time to discuss their needs with me, the GM. The next event is scheduled for: Saturday, March 19, 2016, at approximately 4pm Central. Those with VIP invitations will receive their backstage passes approximately one hour earlier. *GAME LINK WILL BE POSTED HERE WHEN THE INN OPENS* (and it will be erased when it ends) -Phnord Current VIP List: ? ? ? ? ? ? Current Backup List: ? ? ? ?

Edited 1458195024
LOL you said it would be posted tomorrow. Good thing I refreshed, ha ha ha. For once, I will be the first to sign up.
Would you be okay with a tentative sign up? I'm thinking I'll be able to participate, but I'll know better in a few days.
Hedgehog: Mwahahaha! Brandon: Certainly, you may drop later if you need to.
Thank you gracious Phnord. I'll let you know when it becomes more certain whether or not I can make it. Likely tomorrow, but definitely by Friday.

Edited 1458196735
So those cows were hilarious, maybe an homage should happen. At some point. Oh, and also sign me up for the 19th! Edit: Happy St.Pats
Woohoo been waiting for this, sign me up as well please.

Edited 1458211792
Hi Phnord, For some reason I think I had the wrong date? I had it down in my diary for the Saturday. If you're willing to give me a second chance I would love to play. I've been dying to have a go at my Druid :) I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience. Please let me know. Cheers.. Andz

Edited 1458228199
looking forward to playing if u'll have me
Remember: VIPs get their invites at 3pm, game starts at 4. If someone doesn't show by 4, I'll randomly choose from the backup list to reach 6 players.          In the unlikely event there still aren't enough people, I'll open the doors to the public.                              I think I need to keep working on this system! Still not quite perfect... oh well! Current VIP List: Red Hedgehog Brandon H (maybe) Brandon L Nick P Andz G (new) Diana E Current Backup List: Charlie S ? ? ? Hey Andz, yeah, you're Australian right? Times can get really confusing. This game will be at 3pm Central, which is SUNDAY, at 7am Sydney time. The hour from 3-4 will be spent getting you in-character and such. If you can make that, we'd love to have you. Sorry you missed last night. -Phnord

Edited 1458239930
Looks like I missed all of the VIP slots.  I'd like to sign up as well, as a backup.
And this is going to be a game with our level 1 characters?
Charlie S: You've got it. Brandon L: I dunno! Guess it'll depend on who shows up, to see what y'all wanna do?
It's looking like I'm not going to be able to make this Saturday. I hope to be able to come next Saturday though. Have fun everyone.
In the unlikely event someone doesn't turn up, add me to the backup list please
17-hour bump! Current VIP List: Red Hedgehog Dropped, Open, will randomly determine from Backup list. Brandon L Nick P Andz G (new) Diana E Current Backup List: Charlie S David ? ? I think in the future, I'll probably go for a full-lottery system. Not entirely sure yet. -Phnord
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Phnord Prephect said: I think in the future, I'll probably go for a full-lottery system. Not entirely sure yet. -Phnord If you do that, I'll cry lots.  Having my few rare playtimes at the whim of a lottery would be very very sad :(
Gonna go ahead and remove myself from the backups for today, I've got a dinner to go to.  I should be available next week though.
Well, Even I'm not evil enough to make a GenKitty Cry! I'll think of something else! Charlie S, sorry to see ya go. Maybe next time! Good news to David, tho! No competition, you're in! -If someone doesn't show, the doors will open to the public. -Phnord
Good news, Everyone! We've got room for one more player: CLICK HERE TO JOIN -- Link will be removed when someone joins. New Players are Welcome, we've got a character for you. First come, first served! -Phnord