Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Timezone Forum Command

Can I suggest a command to be implemented in the forums. Some people don't tell their timezone modifier (mine being +2) and sometimes people add to their TZ instead of subtract. I suggest (if possible) a command where you type in the time you want to roll, and it comes up in the member looking at it in their Timezone. E.G. "Looking for # players to join RP system of choice at ((23:00 on Fridays))." Lets say you are 2 hours ahead of the person sending this. where they have put "((23:00 on Fridays))", On your side you see "01:00 on Saturdays". I feel it would solve a lot of calculations and confusion.
Alternatively, you could post a link to the campaign page which does show times in their own timezone.
But lets say the post is one of those with 670 views. People find the title interesting and click the link to see the timezone and it doesn't match up with theirs. They comment like 1 or 2 comments (each). Then they ask the GM to remove them from campaign.
No, not the link that lets them join the campaign. Just the link to the campaign page that shows the next game time. Oh... never mind. That campaign page that shows the next time is only available to people that have joined the campaign. >_<