Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Forum] cannot update post

chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I cannot update this post anymore <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2788628/pf-pathf" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2788628/pf-pathf</a>... We use this post to keep users abreast of updates and known issue on the Pathfinder character sheet. I was able to just edit it just about 10 minutes ago, and now when I press edit, and make changes, then save, the changes do not appear. but the edit time keeps changing. I have tried&nbsp; log out and in. close down the browser and clear my cache. edit in a different browser Deleted a lot of information from the end of the post in case it was too long (one of the last updates I was allowed to do) Often in the past this has happened when saving, but then I hit refresh, edit the post and it works the second time. This time nothing can fix it.

Edited 1458757036
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Thanks for the bug report, Chris. There have been cases where forum posts containing large tables (amongst other things) became uneditable; this is probably related. I have brought this issue to the attention of the Roll20 Dev Team. I was able to edit the post in question once , but was unable to edit it further after saving the post. Until this issue is fixed, here's a workaround: Edit the post; select all and copy the post's content. Delete what you just selected. Paste what you just copied. Make changes to and save the post normally. After I completed these steps, I was able to revert my edit.

Edited 1458761732
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ok thanks ill try that. i'll try to simplify it too to see if that helps.&nbsp; yes that worked, I also greatly simplified the post (i removed pictures and all the ordered lists and just typed in numbers, or well copy / pasted in numbers) so there is a lot less going on in the post and i was able to edit it several times.

Edited 1458937211
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
This is a known issue and we have it on our list to be fixed when we get the chance, sorry it's causing you issues. For now, like you have done already, just try to keep the posts as slim as you can.