Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Posts Disappearing!

Hey... this is odd. It's happened twice now, and so I'm making this post. So apparently one of two things is happening: Either posts are getting 'stuck' and not viewable for some reason, OR people are deleting posts and then the post is still showing up on the listing! What do I mean? Look at this: Note the date and time of the posting by Eggplantman P! (green arrow). The other arrow indicates the 'current' time. More than 5 hours have passed. Now look at the actual thread: No post visible. No new page to switch to. No indication that anyone had posted at all. This has happened before, as well. So, either the poster deleted his post and it's still showing on the main forum page... OR the poster posted and it's not showing up for some reason. Once, ok, once is a mistake. Twice is a bug. Can you get to the bottom of this? -Phnord
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Phnord, I just looked at your thread and the player apparently deleted his post.
Yep, that certainly seems to be the case. Yet... I received a notification for the post. And his name is still visible. One would not expect to see these things if a post didn't exist. So, at least somewhere along the line, something appears to be buggy. Unless of course this is intended behavior. In which case, nevermind. -Phnord
Oooh... For bonus points, explain THIS one please! Note the date and time... two and a half hours IN THE FUTURE! And nothing happens when I try to 'View Message" (note the blue border on that button, indicating it had been pressed) Wonkiness, folks. I ain't mad, I'm trying to help. You got a bug. Let's squish it. -Phnord
Given it's two hours in the future, could it be a time change thing?  US & Canada changed to Daylight Savings two weekends ago, but parts of the UK (and rest of the world?) are switching late tonight (early Sunday morning).  Could it be a bug with how time changes are being handled?  Just a stab... :<
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It looks like the notification might have been created before he deleted the post, which would explain why the view message button doesn't work. The fact that the notification is still displayed it definitely a bug, and I've documented it on our bug list, and we will fix it as soon as we get the opportunity.