Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Iron Kingdoms - Tales of Adventure! [IKRPG2 (CST, -6 GMT)]

Prepare to set forth on adventure in the steam-powered world of the Iron Kingdoms. The sound of constructs of war pounding over the battlefield will be your symphony and the thunderous crack of a rifle your crescendo. Here you will find that all tales of Adventure are powered by coal, blood, and magic. Corvis University is a bastion of learning in the strife ridden world of the Iron Kingdoms. Those working at the university seek to expand their knowledge of the unknown, mysterious, and quite often dangerous. It falls to you, brave adventurers, to dive into the unknown and hunt down such knowledge where it may be hidden for its preservation and study. ***** This is the recruitment thread for a game of IKRPG2. The basics: - I will be taking between 3-5 players - I will be running this game in short adventure arcs of around 3 or 4 sessions (1 session a week with each session lasting at least 3 hours). When an Adventure arc is completed we will decide as a group if we start another one, take a break, or stop entirely. - My time zone is CST (-6 GMT) so games will be scheduled around that but I am fairly flexible on what day of the week we play on (and it may even change from week to week if needed). - We will use Google+ Hangouts for the game and having a mic (and video) is looked on very favorably. - I prefer games that are more story and character driven so, while there will be fighting, do not expect a dungeon crawl. Characters: - The first session will be a character creation session. If you are chosen feel free to come to the session with ideas about what you want your character to be but this is an idea of how it will work: During the character creation session we will put game mechanics aside for the most part and develop the group of characters conversationally by exploring their backgrounds and motivations and how they joined the group. After we have talked through the characters then it will be your job as the players to go and mechanically create the character based on the information that we talked about. (If you don't have the books then something can be worked out). I prefer to do character creation this way so that everyone has a solid design for their character that links well within the story before they even pick the characters mechanics. All questions about the game can be posted here or messaged to me directly.
Sweet, I'm in. Friday or Saturday is the best for me and I'm EST so those nights I don't have to worry about work.
Provisionally in, and see also my reshare of your G+ post. Please kick me first if you bump up against your ideal group size, because I am primarily a tourist wanting to see this system in play.
I'm in too. I'm good for most evenings except Wednesdays and I'm in the EST too.
So im thinking Saturday night might be looking like the best option so far. Saturday nights are fine with me there will just be weeks here and there that I will not be able to run it. I can't do Fridays, Mondays or Tuesdays. Would Saturday nights at 8pm CST work for the people interested so far?
Saturdays work for me, and I am quite interested.
Every other Saturday is actually my face to face IKRPG2 game (didn't think about that one, doh). Well, looks like you have critical mass for Saturdays with the others here, which is great. I'm glad to see a game come together so quickly. I'd still like to be an observer, if you are OK with that. I'm trying to get as much exposure to the system as possible to eventually run it. Maybe I can run an NPC some weeks. Another option may be to have a PC that is a little more tied to the university, joins when he can, and it makes sense in the adventure. Just brainstorming.
As a tengential question: have you guys seen the excel character spreadsheet? It makes record keeping much simpler and you can generate a character in about 5 minutes. Also, Sat at 8 is perfect.
I have not. I was looking for one earlier and had no luck. Do you have a link?
<a href="https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-qSkVJqDrmcbmREVGhINWpGTE0/edit" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-qSkVJqDrmcbmREVGhINWpGTE0/edit</a> It's a little messy but I mostly use it for easy character generation.
Room for one more player?
<a href="http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?122817&p=1641029" rel="nofollow">http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?122817&p=1641029</a> Another little something, it helps pick out names and construct them in ways that match the fluff. Not sure why PP didn't put the list in IKRPG2.
Alright, well it look like we have at least 3 "full" players now so we can start moving forward and might still pick up some more on the way. There are several people that have asked about playing cameo rolls to try out the system, since there has been a larger demand for that sort of part I am working on adding more characters to the adventures to facilitate this roll. Which I think is a very interesting idea, having this core cast of characters and then other players jumping in to play key characters for one or two sessions rather than just making them NPCs. So moving forward, lets tentatively plan to do "Character Talks" this coming Saturday at 8pm CDT. I will send messages to all those directly involved in that so that we can start getting things set up on Google+. @Rudedd - That is very unfortunate, especially since you were the first one to say something about wanting to play. We will definitely talk and figure something out. Who knows, maybe you will get to play the guy in your avatar ;)... you never know. @Zombieinarmor - Yes we still have room. Are you good with the Saturday night time? @Threadmister - Good recourses. I also have the fillable character sheet for people to use that. I figured the easiest way of doing it would be to put character sheets on google docs, but we will get there, one thing at a time lol.
Davemania
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Interested in getting in on this as well. Sat night can work for me.
Ok so a lot of people messaged me about this game last night and this morning, both on here and google+ which means I am now at the point of having to turn people away rather than looking for players. So everyone that is interested in the game, that I will be able to take on as players at this time, I will be sending a message to your inbox as soon as I finish with this post. If you don't receive a message, it is nothing personal, simply a matter of to many players vs. spots to play. I will keep a list of the people that were interested though and if cameo spots, or full-time spots, become open I will contact you first before opening it up to the public again. Thanks everyone that was interested!
Sad, but understandable.
I shall be in the tavern by the fire if needed.
If a spot opens up I'm interested in joining.
You should start another game on a different night..