Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Node version?

Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi, I'm trying to get some CI set up for my scripts using Travis, and I'd like to know which version of node.js I should be targeting. I can't access process.version so I'm not sure how to find out - does anyone know/ can someone from Roll20 tell me? Cheers,

Edited 1459274194
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not sure Roll20 is using Node at all. I know it uses Ruby. And, obviously, a lot of JavaScript on the site itself (with jQuery), but I'm not certain on Node. Why do you need to know Node version, when your API script has no access to any Node code, anyway?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Brian said: I'm not sure Roll20 is using Node at all. I know it uses Ruby. And, obviously, a lot of JavaScript on the site itself (with jQuery), but I'm not certain on Node. Why do you need to know Node version, when your API script has no access to any Node code, anyway? The API server runs Node, I believe. I'm not sure what other option they'd be using to execute JS serverside. Actually, I don't *really* care about the node version so much as the V8 version. I'm unit testing my code, and I want the environment of the tests to mirror the deployment environment as closely as possible. I'd like the CI environment to explode in a shower of sparks if I accidentally use a language feature that is not available on the node version that runs the API.