Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fonts not rendering on individual game landing pages

Edited 1459712958
Guys, About a week or so ago, maybe more, all the fonts on my individual game landing pages (Campaign Details) stopped rendering. I'm seeing only exclamation points everywhere fonts should be. See screenshot, below. I'm using the latest version of Chome on a MacBook Pro. Curiously, the fonts render fine on the "Recent Games" page and in the game interface itself. But the game pages — no dice (no pun intended). I don't think this is a font issue, as the other pages are rendering and I doubt you're using different fonts on the game pages.  
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Wow, thats a new one! Lets get the usual suspects eliminated first: I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!

Edited 1459727723
Okay, I did all of the above. The problem persists.&nbsp; Operating System Macintosh OS X 10.11.3 Screen Resolution 2560 x 1440 Web Browser Google Chrome&nbsp;Version 49.0.2623.110 Browser Size 1901 x 1329 IP Address Color Depth 24 Javascript Enabled Flash Version 21.0.-1 Cookies Enabled Here's the console log: Navigated to <a href="https://roll20.net/" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/</a> Navigated to <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/730582/t" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/730582/t</a>... I further noticed that all of the Campaign Details pages behave the same way. Furthermore, if I navigate to my "Recent Games" page (by hitting the back button on my brower) that page will exhibit the same font-rendering issue (even though it doesn't do that when I first navigate to the page after logging in). Weird. Thanks, M. UPDATE: I noticed that all font rendering gets whacked once I hit the Campaign Details page — even after I Join Game, the fonts don't render on the control panel on the right. Since Safari is not supported, I effectively can't use Roll20 until this is fixed...

Edited 1459799637
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
This is definitely one of the weirder issues I've seen, congrats I guess. Have you tried using Firefox, does it have the same issues? Do you happen to have any other apps running that mess with fonts? On another forum I'm seeing people with the same issue, and they are saying they turned off SuitCase Fusion or FontAgent Pro or&nbsp;FontExplorerX specifically for the font Helvetica and that fixed it for them.
Thanks, I'll try it. The weird thing is, I'm using FontAgentPro — but I've always used it and this only popped up sometime in the last couple of weeks..
I'm not using FontAgent Pro to manage Helvetica — I'm using Font Book for all my system-level fonts. Although I have a lot of different Helvetica fonts in FontAgent Pro they're all deactivated. Can someone tell me what font is supposed to be loading on the home page (see screenshot)? Finally, I checked it on my iMac — running the same OS and the same version of Chrome, and everything is working properly. *Sigh*

Edited 1459872282
So after not being able to see the fonts even on the Roll20 homepage (above) I quit Chrome and relaunched it. This time the fonts came up fine (on the homepage and the "My Games" page). But when I clicked on the "Campaign Details" for my campaign the fonts got whacked again. Now when I go to any other page the fonts are whacked. This time I went to Join Game and the fonts rendered in the toolbar on the right as well. Then I quit the game and ended back up on the My Games page — and the fonts were whacked! So I quit the browser again and relaunched. This time it went opened on the My Games page and the fonts were fine — but when I hit the Campaign Details they were whacked again. It pretty much happens every time I ht the Campaign Details page. Even when I quit and relaunch straight onto that page the fonts don't render. They do render if I go to other pages first (homepage or My Games). As for Firefox — my group could not get video chat working in Firefox at all (tried a couple of times awhile back), so we don't even go there anymore. Chrome has been the only browser I can get to work reliably — until now, of course.

Edited 1459890826
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Okay, this definitely has something to do with your font software. Not exactly sure what, because I don't have it myself. The fonts we use are&nbsp;Helvetica, Arial, and sans-serif. I'm not really sure why it only breaks on that one page, maybe there is a character on that page that FontAgent doesn't like and it throws the system off for the rest of your browsing. I don't really know what else to tell you other than I am 95% sure that FontAgent is throwing a fit, and not Roll20. So, I would definitely start looking there for fixes. Possibly google your issue and look for other people with a similar problem, I didn't have any trouble finding others when I looked it up yesterday. If you have any more questions you think I might know feel free to ask, but no promises that I'll actually be helpful. Good luck!
Thanks, Phil. The weird thing is, I've been using Font Agent Pro as long as I've been using Roll20 and never had an issue until a few weeks ago. I have not updated FAP or anything.