Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way for journals to have standard Avatar?

Well the topic says it all actually. I made like 150+ monsters. They all need an image now and I don't really care what kind of image it is. Going through all of them takes a crazy amount of time. Is there a way to set a default Avatar for all journal entries so I can at least drop tokens down of stuff I haven't given an image yet?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I would recommend you asking over in the API forum to see if a script could be made for there is no default Avatar/token for the Journals when freshly made. Now you can create one Journal with your token/avatar then just duplicate it as needed.
Thanks for the answer. Will do.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Just to save you the time... on('ready',function(){     "use strict";     var getCleanImgsrc = function (imgsrc) {         var parts = imgsrc.match(/(.*\/images\/.*)(thumb|med|original|max)(.*)$/);         if(parts) {             return parts[1]+'thumb'+parts[3];         }         return;     };     on('chat:message',function(msg){         var t,img;         if('api' === msg.type && playerIsGM(msg.playerid) && msg.content.match(/^!default-avatar/) ){             if(msg.selected){                 if(1 !== msg.selected.length){                     sendChat('default-avatar','/w gm Please select only one graphic.');                 } else {                     t=getObj('graphic', msg.selected[0]._id);                     if(t){                         img=getCleanImgsrc(t.get('imgsrc'));                         if(img){                             _.chain(filterObjs(function(o){                                 return o.get('type') === 'character' &&                                     o.get('avatar') === '';                             }))                             .each(function(o,k,a){                                 o.set({                                     avatar: img                                 });                             });                         } else {                             sendChat('default-avatar','/w gm Can only use a graphic that is in a user library.  The selected graphic is in the Marketplace.  Please choose one from your library or download this one from the Marketplace and upload it to your library.');                         }                     } else {                         sendChat('default-avatar','/w gm Please select a graphic.');                     }                 }             }         }     }); }); Drag an image to your VTT (needs to be in your Library, not the Marketplace, so download/upload as needed), then select it and run this: !default-avatar It will find every character that doesn't have an avatar and set the img you selected as the avatar.

Edited 1459527304
Dudes... You guys are already enough of a reason to be part of the roll20 community! The awesome work you guys do. Well, words you are probably familiar with Aaron, but: Thank you. You are awesome!
Gold
Forum Champion
That looks like a useful idea and script solution. I'm interested and plan to try it, others will be as well.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No problem!  Happy to help. =D
Gold
Forum Champion
I ran the API script from The Aaron for this, and, it worked (of course it did). I like it. All the characters who had already set their own portrait (or I had set it), were left alone. Only the ones with a blank portrait were filled with the default pic I chose. Looks nice under the Journals tab where all the characters are listed. Also works alongside Color Emote API script which is a way to put Character Avatar into chat (also by, The Aaron).