Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

script.json dependencies

Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Now that on the API repo, the architecture of script projects has changed to track previous versions better, I have a suggestion concerning the dependencies field in the script.json files. In the README.md for the roll20-api-scripts repo, it says that this field should just be a list of dependencies. Since we now have a better system for script version tracking, would it make more sense for the dependencies field to instead be a mapping of script names to their latest supported version numbers? For example, in the It's A Trap script.json file, instead of ["Token Collisions", "Vector Math"] it would be { "Token Collisions": 1.1, "Vector Math": 1.0 }
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
At a minimum, I'd suggest using Semver version numbers and dependency semantics. Regarding the functionality, I brought this up to Steve a month or so ago and it wasn't something he was interested in pursuing. Could have changed though...