Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro help on a modified dice roll

I have a player that has an interesting item and it has me stumped. It gives a +1 bonus to healing per 1d6 rolled except when you roll a 6. He is rolling 7d6 for his healing touch. Can you check a single dice roll inside a multi roll like that? Im stuck, im trying to get his powercard finished but this has me scratching my head. I am using PowerCards if that helps. Thanks for any help
Silvyre
Forum Champion
You could replace each instance of 1d6 with the  Keep / Drop function {1d6 + 1, 6 + 0d0}kl1 So, for 7d6, you could sum seven of those together.
Thanks so much!!!  I suppose i wouldn't be able to use that in a query huh?  I tried and it would not output correctly. After getting it to work i find that bonus applies only on a self heal.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Clint G. said: I suppose i wouldn't be able to use that in a query huh?  I tried and it would not output correctly. You could, but you'd first need to replace all of the commas and closing braces (Keep/Drop function syntax) with HTML entities as explained by Advanced Usage for Roll Queries .
You sir are a saint.  Thanks Silvyre.  Got it working with the HTML. Thanks again
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Great!