Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Around the table.

So I was sitting there reading different posts, looking at pictures and going through the bug reports. Then if hit me roll20 is missing the thread where we all go around talking about the amazing moments (or horrible ones) that we all have in our different games. So here it is, i'll start with the game im running on here. Im running a Dnd 4.0 game with 6 people. Its going good, but there is this one character who is ranged. We get into combat and for about 4 times in a roll he misses every time. So the battle goes on he and he keeps on missing. Well finally he hits something. It just happens to be himself. X0 Don't worry in the next session he did kill a giant spider.
I once put a Darkmantle into a group of new players. Went pitch black and it gagged a guy. I whispered him to turn off his mic and we did rolls in secret, and the rest of the players spent about 5 minutes wandering around in the dark. Eventually he won a grapple check, ungagged himself and yelled for help. They eventually killed it. After that, they started doing roll calls, to make sure everyone was always present. I do enjoy torturing players...
I sure do love the whispering thing.
I've had my share of misfortune with the roller as both a GM and a player. I give my players the option to roll real dice and let me know the results. It's not often with a real dice that you would critically fail, let alone do it 3 or 4 times in a row. I've witnessed it not once, not twice, not thrice, but many times with the roll20 dice engine.
in a savage worlds campaign today a party member was being melee'd by 3 orks but the GM allowed him to try and use his bi pod machine gun to try and suppress them at a -5 penalty which for the system is quite harsh.. and he not only managed to suppress all three of them.. one of the orks actually died outright.