Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tokens on map not being seen by players, just me.........

Op Sys Microsoft Windows XP Web Brouser Chrome 29.1547.62 Java Enabled Cookies Enabled Screen Res 1280 x 250 Brouser size 1277 x 612 Color depth 32 bit Flash Version 11.8.000 Mentor Stu has bee trying to help me here, and we thought we had it licked last week after 9 hours straight, but it showed (or did'nt to be exact) again in todays 4th session. OK, the first problem (last week) was that I was not tagging each pic in my library, so I just opened a new file window and dragged it onto the map and it downloaded onto it. I saw it but a couple of days later when I ran the game, none of the players could see it, only I could.  I deleted those tokens on the map then did a fresh upload and they saw them, while in game. After that I did put an edit tag on each pic, ran some tests, GM to player and back and forth to see what I could see (as well as a test map to see if players could see them as well), and I and the players saw everything there. So we thought the problem solved.  So I set up my tokens on the map the next couple days to get ready for todays 4th session.  Using the edit tags in each pic from my library.  and I saw the tokens as a GM and as a player so I thought I was all set. And the same thing happened again today, MOST of the tokens were not seen by the players, as well as mentor GM Texas Stu. Only I could see them all, move them, and all that BUT not copy them. I did delete some of the pics but not that many that were missing So I deleted them all (from the map), in game mind you and reuploaded them from my library during the game and they could see them all again.... Any ideas folks? No pics as  I deleted the old unseeable tokens (except for me) to get new ones up so we could actually try and have a game going, SIGH Stu will pop in here and explain it a bit better I am sure. We are starting a make up session this Monday at 12 here so anything posted as soon as possible or someone can pop over to my game and see what I am missing here, doing wrong. Thanks  Recap IF I download and set up the tokens ON game day (time of the game) the players can see them. If I set up before that day no one can see the tokens but me, as a GM and when I switch to player Thoughts anyone? THANKS Tom
Gauss
Forum Champion
Please send me a join link.  - Gauss
Hi Gauss.. I'm the GM he invited. This has happened a couple times where he prepares the map and a couple days later many of the tokens have disappeared (independent of token/GM layer). He can see them but not copy/paste them and as a visiting GM (or player) they are not there to see.
yep, let me get the code then PM you Gauss, thanks for the quick reply to!! Tom
SENT Tom
Thanks for helping Gauss!

Edited 1378085755
Tom
Pro
From me as well, and I think we should have a much smoother game Monday, thanks to Gauss and mentor Stu!! Can't say thanks enough and the players as well!!! Tom