Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Sheet Workers] Moving repeating entries via sheet worker

Score + 15

Edited 1459957925
Magik
Sheet Author
With the new ability to drag repeating entries around, it seems like this capability should be available via sheet workers as well. This suggested change is to allow character sheet developers to use their javascript code to move repeating entry items around automatically in response to player interaction with the character sheet. A use-case example: in the character's inventory, I have a drop-down for Location. If the player changes the location to a slot where an item is Worn, then I'd like to move that item to the upper part of the list of repeating entries where that worn item should be according to its slot (head, hands, wrist, etc). The upper part of the character's inventory would be dedicated to worn equipment and the rest would simply be carried or off-character somewhere. Another use-case: A player sets his "prepared spells" for a given spell from 0 to something greater and the sheet automatically moves it to the top with other spells that are prepared to be easily found amongst the large spellbook of spells. I could see it taking some of the pain away from the dev team by allowing sheet workers & character sheet developers to create their own custom sort routines to meet the needs of the sheet that they develop. Thank you for your vote!

Edited 1459955826
I dont quite understand the vote process. But my thoughts on the ideas are as follows: I am all for allowing for a list of drop-down locations. I would also like to see items having a checkbox with the header "Container". Items that are check-marked as containers become added to the list of drop-down locations. Additional notes could be added to the container such as reduces weight by X%. As for spells, I am all for having the spells moved/color coded when prepared/not. However, I would prefer that prepared spells have an option to be organized such as 1st by Spell Level, 2nd Alphabetically (while others may want them simply all done alphabetically).
Magik
Sheet Author
At the top of this thread is a "Score + X". If you click on the triangle next to it then you use a vote point to vote for this suggested change.  Here is the wiki article on how voting works. Note that this suggested change is to allow Character Sheet Developers to programmatically use Sheet Workers (javascript) to move repeating entries around. The equipment and spell text was just a couple of examples on how I would use the suggested new Sheet Worker feature. The Character Sheet Developers could provide buttons or automated actions based on sheet events to sort things for you based on the sheet's needs. This not only affected the Pathfinder sheet, but any sheet out there.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
+1 Magik The ability to sort/organize/hide etc. a sheet's repeating rows would be an awesome addition.
+1 to this. This would be nice with Exalted 3e's many charms. By sorting, you could probably also perform filtering which would also be crazy handy.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can already almost do this by manipulating the _reporder_repeating_sectionname attribute ... There are just some issue with upper/lower case of section IDs.
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jakob said: You can already almost do this by manipulating the _reporder_repeating_sectionname attribute ... There are just some issue with upper/lower case of section IDs. Jakob, Do you have anymore info on how to do this?