Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5E Shaped] Macro Help - Query Conditions

Anyone out there good with making query macros? I'm using the 5E Shaped sheet and would like to create a macro that queries which condition information to show to players. I have 14 custom macros made, one for each condition, but would like to condense it down to one.  Here's an example of what I'm using: &{template:5e-shaped} {{spell=1}} {{title=Blinded}} {{subheader=Condition}} {{freetextname=Description:}} {{freetext=A blinded creature can't see and automatically fails any ability checks that require sight. Attack rolls against the creature have **advantage**, and the creature's attack rolls have **disadvantage**.}}
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I'm not sure how familiar you are with Advanced Usage for Roll Queries , but here's something to start you off: &{template:5e-shaped} {{spell=1}} {{subheader=Condition}} {{freetextname=Description:}} ?{Condition| Blinded, {{title=Blinded}} {{freetext=A blinded creature can't see and automatically fails any ability checks that require sight. Attack rolls against the creature have **advantage**, and the creature's attack rolls have **disadvantage**.}} | Charmed, ... | etc., etc. | etc, etc. }
Since you already have the macros made you could make a query pulldown to put API buttons in chat. Then you or the players can click the button to output the description.  ?{Select Condition|Blinded,[Blinded](!
#Blind)|Deaf, [Deaf](!
#Deaf)|ect...}
@Silvyre: I'll give it a shot.  I think I can figure that out. Thank you! @Ed S.: I'd like to consolidate the macros I have, but that gives me an idea for some others that I don't want in a single macro.  Thank you!

Edited 1460610370
Working macro for conditions:  here

Edited 1460610460
Working macro for exhaustion levels:  here
Okay, now I have a question. Why all of a sudden is my macro converted from &#125 ; &#125 ; to }}.  Had to place a space between the 5 and semi-colon because the site is auto changing them.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Kaelev said: Well, I did it! Conditions macro query: Nicely done! Kaelev said: Okay, now I have a question. Why all of a sudden is my macro converted from &#125 ; &#125 ; to }}.  Had to place a space between the 5 and semi-colon because the site is auto changing them. Yes, the forums unfortunately do convert HTML entities. Here's how I deal with this.
Okay, I gave all that a try, but I gave up and I kept making too many mistakes. I took the easy way out and created a github account and uploaded them there. Edited my two posts to include the links.  Thanks again Silvyre!