Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e community] Time to call it a day

Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
All, In what should come as no surprise given the frequency of updates to the sheet this past year I no longer have the free time to be able to implement new features and maintain the 5e community sheet to the level that it needs to be and as such i'm afraid I have to confirm that I wont be updating it beyond the bug fix for the new default roll option feature that was just added (v.1.1.4).  The community appears to be well served with 2 other 5e options now and there of course remains the option that someone takes over the updating of the existing community sheet. Thanks to all those that have sent messages of support, feedback and requests....even those that i've disagreed with :)   I hope that people got some use out of the sheet either by using it to play, GM, or even grabbing bits of it to use in their own sheets.  I thoroughly enjoyed developing the sheet and finding workarounds for the limitations that the system had (most of which i'm happy to say are no longer present thanks to the work by the roll20 team!) but unfortunately real life is ever changing and I just dont have the same availability I used to so it's time to call it a day. Thanks once more and I hope you all have many hours of happy gaming ahead Actoba
Hey man, I never really did use the community sheet, but from my understanding it was pretty much the first one. So thank you for your hard work!  And good luck with real life stuff.
Thank you so much for your sheet, it is the only sheet I use, the rest don't fit into what I need right now. Thank you!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the groundwork Actoba!
Thanks, it was the first sheet I ever used. :)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
While I have never played 5e, your sheet's code helped me develop the Savage Worlds Tabbed sheet (through example and outright theft on my part), so thanks for everything you've done.
I would not be on Roll20 at all, if not for your hard work. Thank you.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Actoba you have been an inspiration for all sheet authors.  I know I'm not the only sheet author that felt they needed to improve their own sheets to keep pace with yours.  Thank you.
It's totally understandable, but it still makes me sad. I have used your sheet exclusively for over a year now and I find it's flexibility and design to be just outstanding. I have taken your roll templates and crafted some really spectacular macros from them. I hope that I will continue to be able to use your sheet  for a long time to come. There are things that I just cannot do on the other sheets. Thank you for all your hard work and time. Happy gaming.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
I would imagine the sheet will still be available for the forseeable future for anyone using it and maybe others will pick it up and add more to it.  And just to correct an earlier point it was the first full release 5e sheet but there were other sheets before i came along and indeed the first sheet I worked on was a revamp of the Playtest (DnD Next) sheet that The Storyteller had knocked up...that eventually got re-written in time for the 5e proper release thats closer to what is available now. I'll still be around from time to time and maybe i'll even get back to the point where i can run games for my group (also cancelled at the moment due to time constraints) but something had to give for now.  It's all good stuff though, nothing bad.  Just a combo of work and other commitments eating up time. Anyway thanks for the kind words, i'm pleased that people got some use out of the sheet.