Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Brightness toggle

Lets say you get some info from a contact in a campaign. But it is not the right time and the group must wait until nightfall (or sunrise). A brightness toggle can have the page get slightly darker to signify Night, or an Orange tint over the page for a sunrise (Or an area that was once a tunnel is now flooded, can be given a tint to make it look like it's underwater).
Like token tinting but for entire scenes?
Fantasy Grounds II actually has this and it changes the hue of the entire UI to evoke different moods based on the "lighting".
Yeah, I'd like to see this implemented. Also, changes for mood affecting the entire Roll20 GUI --even just picking a color different than the default eye-straining white-- were suggested in the thread GUI Skins/Themes for Roll20 (<a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/957/gui-skinsthemes-for-roll20/p1" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/957/gui-skinsthemes-for-roll20/p1</a>)
That's another thing I was thinking of, like if a really powerful evil is being awakened via a ritual and the area gets a red tinge to it as the evil starts awakening.
Gauss
Forum Champion
A workaround for this is to use a semitranslucent map over the top of your current map. - Gauss
I have noticed sometimes overlapping map elements load in different orders. So one time I enter game and blood is on top of corpse and next time the corpse was on top of blood. What if the map is loaded on top of the translucent coat? (Unless one edits map with a translucent coat over it and saves it then uploads it to Roll20 campaign).
Gauss
Forum Champion
if the map is loaded on top of the translucent coat then do the following: go to the map layer click on map right click on map select 'to back' hit esc key The map should now be behind the translucent layer. - Gauss
Somewhat of this can be achieved my means of applying Tinting to the map --and the minis inside it if you want as well. The Tint option is available at the Token Edit window. I did the following test for recreating part of Seedle's example: (. . .) a really powerful evil is being awakened via a ritual and the area gets a red tinge to it as the evil starts awakening. Here is my usual testing map with no tinting: And here is the same map & tokens with an evil, ominous red tone: What do you think about this approach? Note 1: the Background & Maps layer doesn't allow to edit the image for adding tinting, so you need to move it to the GM info Layer, apply tinting, and move the image back to the Background & Maps layer; this isn't happening for tokens, as they can be tinted in their own Objects & Token layer. Note 2: in this way, only the contents of a Roll20 page canvas can change color for enhancing the mood and narrative purposes. This doesn't change the color of the Roll20 UI, which as I said above, would work wonders for me.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Very nice. I would look for a different color code and type that in but very cool. - Gauss
They should implement RGBA in the color picker instead of hex codes. That way we could specify transparency too.
Agreed, for this example I just picked one of the immediately available colors, which are somewhat limited unless you enter new hex codes.
So one should just make a bright sunny map and implement a dark transparent coat for night. Then when players wait till morning, remove coat.