Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Any no-skype-required MnM3e happening Monday?

I am super interested in Mutants and Masterminds Third Edition. I am raring to go from late Sunday night aka Monday morning, until late night Monday, aka Tuesday Morning... with a break for sleep and stuff somewhere in there.  I will only observe CDT until November 3.  I am Available from 9:00 PM CDT Sunday Night (2:00 AM Monday Morning GMT/UTC) until 4:00 AM CDT Monday Morning (9:00 AM Monday Morning GMT/UTC), and again 4:00 PM CDT Monday Afternoon (9:00 PM GMT/UTC Monday Night) for the next 12 hours. I have several power level 10 super hero concepts ready to go. 1) rā-zər, Theme: Ups and Downs, Antonym Homophones. Archetype: Flying Energy Projector 2) Alice Tyra, Theme: Mutant, Psychic, Inventor, G-man. Archetype: Gadgeteer 3) Glare, Theme: Super Visual Senses. Archetype: Super powered investigator 4) _____, Theme, Healer, Battle Cleric, paladin possibly. Archetype: Front Line Fighter and Heal Battery ... possible complication "The Shazam Effect" His super hero code name is constantly challenged, threatened, sued over, hated by the media etc... 5) Lavaflood, Theme, stone and rock and asteroids.  Archetype: Powerhouse. Origin: Alien. Quote: "I have never experienced boredom before. I think I rather like it." 6) The Tourist, Theme: Little Brother Cosmic Power Physical Manifestation of Eternity and Death. Archetype: Powerhouse/Gadgeteer hybrid. 7) Specimen #654262247065, Theme: 'The Best That Money Could Buy." Archetype: Paragon.
Out of curiosity - what's your problem with skype?
Concept Heal Battery Power Level 10 Super Hero Codename: _____ (undecided) Real Name: Jason Taylor Origin Story: Once upon a time, a kid with a life long history of picking fights at school to defend others, who coincidentally was never late to class, managed to graduate with fairly average grades and landing a boxing internship across the country in New York.  He took the family car, a graduation gift and drove to his new life.  And that's when everything changed.  Seeing that he had an indomitable spirit for justice and the protection of the innocent and elevation of the down trodden, the powers that be decided he was worthy for a great gift, or perhaps deemed him needing a lesson and inflicted upon him a terrible curse.  One day, on the way to his new life, on a barren stretch of road in the middle of nowhere, his car broke down, forcing him to abandon it and walk to town, and there, alone with nothing but flat farm land and a solitary road in all directions to the horizon, the power shot down from the sky and changed Jason's life.  And smote his mortal body hard enough to render it into steaming soup.  The power given to Jason was the greatest in the universe, rivaling anything in the nine realms.  The power over life itself.  Jason became a graviton level threat.  Thank the gods that he also had a heart like steve rogers, committed to the greater good of the least of men.  But Jason was busy, after being turned into a grease smear, his new power got to work, rebuilding his body.  It was to date the most painful experience of his life, but he walked away from it whole and without a scratch.  Also without a stitch of clothing, he had to walk back to his car several miles to get a new change of clothes. Years have passed and he has trained using his power to protect and preserve and bolster the lives of those around him, but his super powers do not lend themselves easily to harm so he finds he must team with more offense oriented ability wielders to bring those who would take a life to justice. Source of Powers: An uncredited entity or force has installed in Jason an otherworldly power source.  The energies produced by this generator can repair anything, but are specialized at healing and curing and regenerating living things.  The generator instantly bonds itself to the largest concentration of Jason's living cells that it can find in the event of any confusion.  The generator itself is not a physical thing of our dimension. Descriptors of Powers: golden colored _____ of divine magical healing energy. Personality: Persistent, Dutiful, Dependable. Abilities (28 pp) Strength 2 (4 pp) Stamina 3 (6 pp) Agility 0 (0 pp) Dexterity 1 (2 pp) Fighting 2 (4 pp) Intellect 0 (0 pp) Awareness 3 (6 pp) Presence 3 (6 pp) Defenses (9 pp) Dodge (AGL 0) 4 [4] 4 pp Fortitude (STA 3) 1 [4] 1 pp Parry (FGT 2) 2 [4] 2 pp Toughness (STA 3) 1 [4] 0 pp Will (AWE 3) 1 [4] 1 pp Skills (2 pp) Acrobatics (AGL 0) 1 [1] 0.5 pp Athletics (STR 2) 0 [0] 0 pp Close Combat (FGT 2) 0 [0] 0 pp Deception (PRE 3) 0 [0] 0 pp Expertise (INT 0) 0 [0] 0 pp Insight (AWE 0) 0 [0] 0 pp Intimidation (PRE 3) 0 [0] 0 pp Investigation (INT 0) 1 [1] 0.5 pp Perception (AWE 3) 0 [0] 0 pp Persuasion (PRE 3) 0 [0] 0 pp Ranged Combat (DEX 1) 0 [0] 0 pp Sleight of Hand (DEX 1) 1 [2] 0.5 pp Stealth (AGL 0) 0 [0] 0 pp Technology (INT 0) 0 [0] 0 pp Treatment (INT 0) 0 [0] 0 pp Vehicles (DEX 1) 1 [2] 0.5 pp Advantages (12 pp) Defensive Roll 1, Diehard, Leadership, Luck 5, Interpose, Instant Up, Second Chance (Healing), Ultimate Effort (Healing), Powers (99 pp) Healing Array 73 pp main power and 2 alternate effects. (75 pp) " Channel " Color Commentary: Jason briefly supercharges the generator and then vents the overloaded furnace of energy, expelling into reality in all directions a blast of golden healing light.  Healing rank 14 (base 2) area burst 30 ft radius (+1 per), selective (+1 per), also affects self (+1 per). 70 power points " Panacea "  Color Commentary: Jason kneels next to the target, holds his hands over them, and golden energy pours from every pore on his body to saturate the victim, able to cure anything, it's just a matter of time.  Healing rank 11 (base 2) also affects objects (+1 per), energizing (+1 per), restorative (+1 per), resurrection (+1 per), persistent (flat 1), stabilize (flat 1), Linked to Immunity Fatigue Limited to use of Panacea (5 pp). Standard Action, Range Close, Instant Duration. 73 power points. " Zap " Color Commentary: Jason fires a beam of golden healing energy at his target. Healing rank 18 (base 2) ranged (+1 per rank) perception (+1 per rank). 72 power points "Healing Factor" Color Commentary: Jason is an outlet for fantastic healing energies, his body is the first stop in our universe for this energy. Point of order: This effect resolves at the end of each of Jason's turns. Regeneration rank 10 (base 1) Persistent (+1 per). (20 pp) "Life Link" Color Commentary: Jason lays his hand on a target and as a standard action establishes a link, from then on Jason can take some of the wounds his life linked targets have accrued.  Point of order: this effect activates at the start of Jason's turn, but only after Jason spends a free action to maintain the link. Regeneration rank 10 (Base 1 per), Affects others only (+0 per rank) Limited: only works when target has -2 or worse penalty to Toughness saves (-1 per (1/2)), Side Effect/Quirk 'empathic' when this power works and removes a Toughness penalty from the life linked target Jason automatically gains a -1 cummulative penalty to toughness saves (-1 per (1/3)) (4 pp) Complications Motivation: Responsibility.  Punctual, Defender of the Weak, Seeker of Justice, these are just a few of the titles by which he calls himself that he seeks to live up to. Complication: Secret Identity . He wishes to keep his identity a secret even though he's trying to start a new life in a new state across the country.  Complication: Do Gooder . Not strong enough to be the primary motivation but his desire to do good can get him into trouble. Totals Abilities 28 + Defense 9 + Skills 2 + Advantages 12 + Powers 99 Combat Quick Reference Line Initiative +0 Close +2 DC 17 Ranged +1 DC 17
<a href="http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/688" rel="nofollow">http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/688</a>
Funny comic. &nbsp;But playing an rpg on roll20 with just text is probably far worse, might as well just play-by-post or use a mush/mud rpg site. Skype has issues, they all do but once you get a group together for the first session it works it self out. &nbsp;I have had great luck with skype or google hangouts. &nbsp; By the way I have never played M&amp;M but would love to try it out, the system seems cool and super heroes are great. A friend is going to try and get a marvel FASERIP game going on Monday nights soon, if you wouldn't mind using google hangouts John I am sure there is room.&nbsp;
I am looking for a superhero game. I've never played M&amp;M3e but have read the book and practiced making characters. The fact that this game would be during the week works best for me since I often travel or go camping on the weekends. I have several concepts I could put polish on to put in the game. My only concern is would there be any voice chat at all. I've played play by post and chatroom games and typing the text seems to stretch out some things that can be quickly covered by just being able to speak. Is you preference for no voice chat or just no skype? John R. - I've never played Marvel FASERIP. don't have the book for it or anything. but I might be interested in the game. I'd just be learning a new system.
Alexander: My problem with skype is I can use roll20's voice. John: I have yet to try roll20 with play by post. &nbsp;I can also use Google+ Hangouts. &nbsp;For more information about the system choose based on your price bracket. &nbsp;Hardcover: DC Adventures. &nbsp;Paperback: Mutants and Masterminds Third Edition. &nbsp;Free: <a href="http://www.d20herosrd.com" rel="nofollow">www.d20herosrd.com</a>. &nbsp;I am not currently interested in FASERIP, I'm still hoping to get in to a reliable weekly MnM3e roll20.net game. Chris: pleased to meet you, 90+% of roll20 users seem to be weekend only users. &nbsp;I also need to finish polishing the remaining character concepts I posted in&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/324661/#post-324661" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/324661/#post-324661</a> . About voice: I will not install skype, as stated previously I have fought and won the privilege of using roll20's voice and Google+ Hangouts.
As long as it works, I don't care what voice system is used. I personally prefer to keep it to voice chat just for better sound quality than adding video. One of the downsides of living in the country is having a lower bandwidth.&nbsp; As for the game, I think I'd rather do M&amp;M3e simply because I've put effort into learning the system. And it helps that I already have the books for it. I also have the DC comics Hero's Handbook. This is what I have for a character so far. As a more experienced player, your advice would be appreciated. _______________________________________________________________________________________________ Name: -Undecided- Current Alias: Alexander “Alex” Manchester Concept: &nbsp;Immortal Warrior “Human Perfection/Super Soldier” Origin: Metahuman Power Level:10 -150pp Power Point Breakdown &nbsp; Abilities:118 &nbsp; Powers:17 &nbsp; Advantages:15 ****Abilities**** Str: &nbsp;7&nbsp; Agi: &nbsp;7&nbsp; Fgt: &nbsp;7&nbsp; Awe: &nbsp;7&nbsp; Sta: 10&nbsp; Dex: &nbsp;7 Int: &nbsp;7 Pre: &nbsp;7 ****Defenses****&nbsp; Dodge: 7 Parry: 7 Fortitude: 10 Toughness: 10 Will: 7 ****Advantages**** Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Benefit-Wealth (Well-off), Connected, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Imporvised Tools, Jack-of-all-trades, Luck 5, Power Attack ****Powers**** Immunity "Aging" (1 pp) Comprehend 1 "All-Languages" (2/r)- 2pp Immortal Healing Factor [Array]: 14pp &nbsp; &nbsp; Immortality 5 &nbsp;"Innate, Dynamic" (2/r+1, 11pp total) &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ---Rank 2, Return After 1 Week &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Rank 3, Return After 4 Days &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Rank 4, Return After 2 Days &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Rank 5, Return After 1 Day &nbsp; &nbsp; [Alt] Regeneration 5 "Innate, Dynamic" (1/r + 1, 11pp total) &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ---Rank 1, Every 10 Rounds &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Rank 2, Every 5 Rounds &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Rank 3, Every 3.33 Rounds &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Rank 4, Every 2.5 Rounds &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Rank 5, Every 2 Rds &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; NOTE:Even with Regeneration maxed out at Rank 5 there is still enough power points to keep Immortality at 2 ranks ****Skills**** Notes: All Skills at 7 from Abilities, All Trained (Jack-of-all-trades, Eidetic Memory) ****Complications**** --Motivation: Thrills Being an immortal sometimes leads to boredom from everyday life. The boredom and the simple fact that it is so hard to kill him can lead to risky, what others may say as suicidal, behaviors. --Motivation: Justice Having lifetimes of experiences mean not just multiple lifetimes of joy, but multiple lifetimes of sorrow as well. It means lifetimes of watching other suffer at the expense of tyrants and thugs. Watching innocents suffer again and again would drive any righteous person to want some form of justice for lifetimes of fallen loved ones. --Reputation Our hero hasn't always followed the letter of the law exactly. In fact he's gotten a reputation of ignoring laws that he deems below him or inconvenient. He's definitely not a hero with a pristinely white record. ---Identity The current alias/secret identity for this immortal is Alexander "Alex" Manchester.&nbsp; Alex is a young entrepenuer/independent consultant. Basically to anyone looking up this alias, Alex is a well-off 25 year old that has the intelligence and drive to do whatever he wants in life. He has multiple degrees. School records showing he tested his way through many of them.&nbsp; Alex is a suave ladies man. He is always bouncing from one relationship to another, never letting anything get serious. He's also got a reputation as a bit of an extreme athlete. While he doesn't ever compete professionally, he can often be found where some of the most extreme sports get the best rush. ---Secret Being stuck at the same age for multiple lifetimes means having to constantly change who you appear to be. People began to get suspicious and untrusting when you never age. Alex is only the latest alias to centuries of this immortals life. Someone didligent enough to dig through the records might be able to piece together at least a few of the past aliases. Having so many lives also means many lifetimes of mistakes. Some mistakes that could be looked down upon. He's even had a few different superhero identitie's throughout his long life. "Alex" tries very hard to keep the fact that he is an immortal a secret. &nbsp; ***********Background************ Work-in-progress
I am at this time just a player looking for a group. As for feedback, I have a couple of questions: &nbsp;How did the character originally become immortal? &nbsp;How does his immortality work? And a couple of things that bug me: first the overall format, I recommend you take great pains to make your character's stat block as easy as humanly possible to reverse engineer and error check. In short show all the math, every step of the way, pretty please. &nbsp;Second The dynamic alternate power array, I would recommend you separate out into its own power the baseline amount of immortality the various settings the array never alter. Other than that... Dying in Mutants and Masterminds Third Edition requires a lot of work. &nbsp;You have to go through three separate damage condition status transitions before your immortality kicks in. &nbsp;You might not get a lot of use out of the power, depending on the game. &nbsp;I would recommend taking some complication that gives your GM excuses to throw lethal hazards specifically at "Alex" much more often than at the rest of the team.

Edited 1379914244
I'll have to go, edit and retype the character sheet in the next couple of days. &nbsp;I tried a cut &amp; paste from a Word Document and some of the Power point lists didn't take. I think that is also where the weird spacing comes from. It seems some formatting was lost in the transfer. I should have proofed my post better. Sorry about that.&nbsp; I understand you don't want to run the game, neither do I really. I'm just looking for input from someone that actually has some time playing. Some things just don't click until a player has had a chance to run through a game. Like for me I think I have a handle on combat and damage but it is going to take actually getting into a fight before it really sinks in for me how it really works.
Concept: Blank Abilities (0 pp) Strength 0 (0 pp) Stamina 0 (0 pp) Agility 0 (0 pp) Dexterity 0 (0 pp) Fighting 0 (0 pp) Intellect 0 (0 pp) Awareness 0 (0 pp) Presence 0 (0 pp) Defenses (0 pp) Dodge (AGL) 0 [0] 0 pp Fortitude (STA) 0 [0] 0 pp Parry (FGT) 0 [0] 0 pp Toughness (STA) 0 [0] 0 pp Will (AWE) 0 [0] 0 pp Skills (0 pp) Acrobatics (AGL) 0 [0] 0 pp Athletics (STR) 0 [0] 0 pp Close Combat (FGT) 0 [0] 0 pp Deception (PRE) 0 [0] 0 pp Expertise (INT) 0 [0] 0 pp Insight (AWE) 0 [0] 0 pp Intimidation (PRE) 0 [0] 0 pp Investigation (INT) 0 [0] 0 pp Perception (AWE) 0 [0] 0 pp Persuasion (PRE) 0 [0] 0 pp Ranged Combat (DEX) 0 [0] 0 pp Sleight of Hand (DEX) 0 [0] 0 pp Stealth (AGL) 0 [0] 0 pp Technology (INT) 0 [0] 0 pp Treatment (INT) 0 [0] 0 pp Vehicles (DEX) 0 [0] 0 pp Advantages (0 pp) Powers (0 pp) Complications Motivation Complication Totals Abilities 0 + Defense 0 + Skills 0 + Advantages 0 + Powers 0 Combat Quick Reference Line
FASERIP is fun. You can get the rules via retroclone Four Colour System Retroclone
Or the original at Classic Marvel Forever