Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

dice macro problems

what i want to do is roll a d% < a target which is a ability plus modifiers i can't figure it out /r d100<@{ag}+20+20 /r (d100)<(@{ag}+20+20) these are the things i can come up with but neither of them work 
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
do those modifiers need to be added on the fly or are they just preset. In other words do you need them occasionally or could you just add them to the ag?
they are set 
it is for warhammer a bonus for traning an 1 for kit
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I would recommend put the mods onto the dice roll then doing the success check. /r 1d100+20+20<@{character|ag} as this will add the mod to the roll over success check number. say it rolls 40 +20+20 and checks against the ag (say 50) and you would succeed. Does that help any?
not rely i want to roll vs the ag + the motifires 
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
hmmm, unless you add the modifiers into the ag itself, you will be getting false successes. each +20 counts as 20 successes. I'm not sure what to suggest.
stealth[[d100]]vs[[@{ag}+40]] is the only other thing i can think of and do the math on the fly

Edited 1378312738
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
figured it out. try this /r 1d100>[[@{ag}+20+20]]
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
that formula adds the mod to the ag and then compares it to the dice roll for the success check. I made it where the dice roll have to roll over but you can change it to < for the roll under.
that works like a charm thank you for your help
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
you're welcome and remember if you have a problem or a question then just post. Someone will be by to help sooner or later.