Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using numbered with creaturegen

I saw the tokennamenumber script with real joy. At last an easy way to distinguish which marine was in melee or taking damage. Unfortunately when I tried to use it I ran into trouble. I use creaturegen to create tokens which already have their attacks figured. They work fine when I create several tokens and add numbers to each of them. However when I used tokennamenumber to automatically add numbers to the token names and tried to use their attacks, they didn't recognize the command. Has anyone figured out how to use creaturegen with tokennamenumber?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I've not used CreatureGen, but looking at the source I don't see a reason it shouldn't work.  Ken L. is not in the community anymore sadly, but I might be able to figure out the problem.  Are those the only two scripts you're running?  I can try them out together tonight and see if I get the same issue.
I'm using several others Calendar, Cgen_tmp, CGen_confirm, PowerCard, ttime, and tracker. However I could disable the others if the two work and see where the conflict is. However I think that the program uses the token name for the built in macros and thus marine1 will not execute the macro created for marine.
Aha. I have not been using tokenmod. Read about it and added it. Wonderful! In addition I saw your application of numbered using token mod. Tried it and success! The problem is that creaturegen removes %%NUMBERED%% from names and adding it to the new token then breaks the action macros. Thank you for tokenmod%%NUMBERED%% (i.e. an endless number of times!)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ha!  Well, glad you got it working!