Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

**FRIDAY** The Color Animal Inn: Newbie-friendly open Pathfinder Livestream YouTube Thingy! (April 22, 2016, 4pm CST) **FRIDAY**

*****NOTICE: FRIDAY GAME, NOT SATURDAY***** Greetings, young hero! Perhaps you have heard by now of the wondrous opportunities to be had in the rapidly-growing town of Owhe? How a series of earthquakes revealed long-hidden tombs, caverns, and   dungeons populated by dangerous monsters and filled with fantastic treasure? And how numerous adventurers have made their fortunes (and sometimes their fates, but let's not dwell on the down side!) by coming here to try their hand at exploration? Well, now it's your turn! Visit the best little town in the middle of nOWHEre!! Shop our bountiful stores, visit our scenic dungeons, and share tales of adventure with other heroes at: The Color Animal Inn! So, here's what's the thing, what it is, is: The Color Animal Inn is my attempt to create a 'game' that anyone can join, on a semi-regular basis. The campaign I have set up includes a large number of complicated interactions between character sheets, macros, token actions, and API scripts. This all works together to make a very, very simple interface, suitable for even the newest newbie to use quickly, easily, and intuitively. NO GAMING KNOWLEDGE IS REQUIRED I will be recording these sessions and livestreaming them over YouTube, as a sort of podcast type of thing that I hope will become popular. Each session will be couched in the idea that participants are visiting a bar, where they can meet one another and discuss various topics of interest. The first part of each session will feature my making a link to the game available to the general public, through these forums. Any Roll20 member who wishes to do so may join, until the 'bar' reaches maximum capacity (Currently limited to 6 players.) During this period, those present are invited to discuss whatever gaming-related topics they wish. In addition, I will be doing various things to help new players, and sometimes old players. Mostly the topics will be fluid, but sometimes I'll have something special I'll wish to demonstrate. For example, I might show new players how to make their characters, or I might show experienced Roll20 GMs a method I've discovered for creating detailed macros for their game. Whatever people want to chat about, we're gonna chat about. The second part of each session will begin when there are at least 4 participants who want to play, generally one to two hours after the doors open. Using characters they've created during this session, characters they'd like to import into this game, or an ever-growing selection of pregenerated characters, everyone who wishes to will get to play. The participants will then get to do a VERY random, free-form style of role-playing and combat, with exploration, puzzles, traps, monsters, and of course treasure! Using my vast array of random tables, random dungeon generators, random treasure charts, and Roll20s own system, there's no telling what might happen. And since I encourage the participants to make up significant portions of the story, even I won't know what's going to happen! These sessions can end up being anywhere from serious to silly, depending on the moods of the participants, and every group will be different. Sound like fun? Want to be part of this? Great, here's all you have to do! Rule 1: Don't be a jerk. I'm the only jerk allowed in this particular tavern, and I've already tried kicking myself out. Don't make me boot you, too. Rule 2: If you obey Rule 1, I don't need a Rule 2. Gameplay will occur on Roll20, and will be recorded. Voice contact will take place through Roll20's voice system. If this fails for some reason (a rare thing lately, although it used to be common) we will use Skype as a backup. Since this will be recorded, you will need a decent quality microphone and a minimum of background noise. If I have to mute you due to noise, I will. You are welcome to broadcast video, as long as you don't make me go back and edit anything later! You are NOT required to do so. The entire session will be recorded as well as being broadcast live across YouTube, meaning that anything done within the program needs to meet YouTube's terms of service. Vulgar language is allowed, within reason. Racism, homophobia, hate speech, and anything like that is not, and anyone displaying such actions will be lucky to get a single warning. You can find prevous episodes of The Color Animal Inn here , or by searching for Phnord Prephect on YouTube. Links to the game will be provided openly on the day of the event, shortly before the webcast begins. These links will change on a regular basis to ensure a variety of participants get the chance to be part of the occasion. Those who post in the notification thread (ie: this one) will receive their invitations approximately one hour earlier, thus giving them priority and some time to discuss their needs with me, the GM. The next event is scheduled for:  Friday, April 22, 2016, at approximately 4pm Central. Those with VIP invitations will receive their backstage passes approximately one hour earlier. *GAME LINK WILL BE POSTED HERE WHEN THE INN OPENS* (and it will be erased when it ends) -Phnord Current VIP List: ? ? ? ? ? ? Current Backup List: ? ? ? PS: As of now, I am going on a no-consecutive-weeks system. If you (the player) play one week, you MAY NOT sign up for the following week. Hopefully this will increase the number of players who get the chance to join! Last week's players: Ajax Matthew J Nick P Diana E Brandon L Zrie
I can do Friday, but depending on whether or not I get out of work on time, I might be late for the pre-game stuff.
Current VIP List: Mike A John M ? ? ? ? Current Backup List: Red Hedgehog ? ? ? ? ?
Backup list, but I likely can't make it.
Count me in. Andrew as well I believe.
I'm up for it.
Current VIP List: Mike A John M qwerty4132 ? ? ? Current Backup List: Red Hedgehog ? ? ? ? ?
Thanks. And I noticed that they overhauled the Pathfinder character sheet. Will I have to remake Gnumann to match the sheet (if we're going Lv 4+). p.s. I'll let a newcomer have my spot if there's no spots available when they try to sign up.
Not sure of my Friday yet, I'd like to occupy the very last backup spot as a last resort.

Edited 1461087887
very good possibilty to make it if you will have me? is this a 1 off or weekly?

Edited 1461088246
Sir Cake said: very good possibilty to make it if you will have me? is this a 1 off or weekly? It's been a oneshot that's done weekly (not sure if he plans on changing it at all in the future, probably not though). Usually he does the games on Saturdays, but this time around it's a Friday. Whatever happens in the 1-off session does effect what happens in the future ones, story-wise. You can also continue to use whatever character it is that you used last time, or make one, or whatever you want. It's pretty awesome.
Current VIP List: Mike A John M qwerty4132 Sir Cake ? ? Current Backup List: Red Hedgehog ? ? ? ? Chloro Nate
Room-For-One-Or-Two-More Bump!
It seems like it's gonna be a small party.
I can do it for this week,  do I need to be there an hour early?  I know I can make it 30 mins early 
Ethan V: Any time between 3 and 4 pm Central is fine; after 4, if you're not there, we start calling in Backup Listers. Current VIP List: Mike A John M qwerty4132 Sir Cake Ethan V ? Current Backup List: Red Hedgehog ? ? ? ? Chloro Nate
Are you still looking for players? I would not mind jumping in if so.
tim said: Are you still looking for players? I would not mind jumping in if so. Yes, there is one seat left, and you're welcome to it! Current VIP List: Mike A John M qwerty4132 Sir Cake Ethan V tim Current Backup List: Red Hedgehog ? ? ? ? Chloro Nate VIP Invitations will be sent in approximately an hour. -Phnord

Edited 1461352069
I am completely new to any DnD and roleplay at all, would you guys be interested in teaching me the basics? I am an extremely fast learner and play complex board games frequently. Just never DnD or roleplay
Jack S: IF there is a no-show tonight, I will gladly give you the seat! (Don't hold your breath, I expect everyone to show.) If there is not, please sign up next week, or the week after that. (Normal games take place on Saturdays, not Fridays.) This game is designed to help new players get into the hobby, and we'll all be more than happy to have you join us! -Phnord PS: VIP Invitations will be going out shortly.
Jack may have my spot.
Are you sure about that qwerty? You haven't played in a while...
It's fine. I don't really mind. As I've been saying, I'll let newcomers get first dibs.
I'll take his spot on the reserve.
qwerty4132 said: I'll take his spot on the reserve. Done. Current VIP List: Mike A John M Jack S Sir Cake Ethan V tim Current Backup List: Red Hedgehog qwerty4132 ? ? ? Chloro Nate VIP Invites have been sent. Backup invites will go out after 4pm, IF someone is a no-show. See y'all on the   YouTube ! -Phnord
Teach him well, oh wise one.
Yo Phnord, remind me of what sort of character creation rules you use nowadays? I've not been around a while for your lovely 3 am romps, but I figure I should maybe whip up a character in case I get insomnia sometimes. It's been a thing these days. :(
Azure said: Yo Phnord, remind me of what sort of character creation rules you use nowadays? I've not been around a while for your lovely 3 am romps, but I figure I should maybe whip up a character in case I get insomnia sometimes. It's been a thing these days. :( PRD is canon; SRD is not. 25 point buy default, although you do have the opportunity to roll instead. Level 1 at first, gaining the ability to create up to level 4 characters with increasing number of plays. Only restrictions are no Gunslingers, Alchemists, or Summoners. I have not yet restricted any races. Two traits. Disadvantages are allowed, but do not grant any benefits. Heirloom gear: One armor/shield, one melee weapon, one ranged weapon. Of these, one item is masterwork. $1000 starting cash; anything in the book that you can afford is available. That about covers it? Next game will be Saturday, April 30, at 4pm Central. Invitation thread should be expected Tuesday or Wednesday, at a random time. -Phnord Edit: Pre-gen characters are also available.