Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

CreatureGen for Pathfinder

plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just curious, is anyone maintaining the wonderful Pathfinder creatureGen script from Ken L? It'd be nice to see it work a little more closely with the Pathfinder character sheet. It'd also be great to see it in the 1-click API installer. <a href="https://github.com/FGKenL/Roll20_API_Scripts/blob/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/FGKenL/Roll20_API_Scripts/blob/</a>... Last updated in September 2015
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alternatively, it could be even cooler if we could drag monsters onto the map straight from the Compendium beastiary. Anyone know if that's in the works?

Edited 1461247952
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Last I heard , it's on the docket, but they need to redo a lot of the formatting and coding of the pathfinder compendium so that it works correctly. I emailed to volunteer to help with pathfinder compendium, but they responded that they weren't quite ready to open it up to people yet. Scott C.

Edited 1461266465
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't think anyone is maintaining it, but i have considered hacking it up and putting a version into the pathfinder sheet itself so i can drag non OGL monsters into the sheet. (since the Compendium won't have all monsters even when it's done).&nbsp; But before that we have to get the sheet to even parse the compendium monsters. Right now size and spell range are the only strings it parses into numbers. But for monsters, it still has to split up attacks and spell like abilities into the repeating sections. &nbsp;Once that is done it should be ready to tackle integrating stat blocks themselves. I started some work on looking for common strings. Luckily Monster Rules are much more strictly worded than class ability rules, so it's easier to parse them and figure out durations, number of times per day, prereqs, etc. The issue is it's hard to reverse engineer the numbers, which is why Ken L &nbsp;never even tried, it's hard enough to do the parsing.&nbsp;But if we did the same and only pulled in the final numbers, then you lose the ability to apply conditions to the monsters, which is part of the whole advantage with using the Pathfinder character sheet. Otherwise might as well just use CreatureGen since it still more or less works. (I use creaturegen still) Maybe sticking to an API is better, but I thought if we can get it into the sheet itself, then it would be available to Plus users.&nbsp; Ken L also wrote the awesome TrackerJacker which I think is really cool, also no longer supported :(