Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sunday D20 Modern One shot

I'm planning on running a oneshot the coming up sunday Nov 25. It will be in the evening but an exact time is up for debate. You can use material from core, Urban Arcana, the psionic book, or Shadow Chasers. Lvl 4 30 point buy. There'll be lots of fighting so make sure you carry some guns.
Uh, anything in terms of story or setting?
Story will be a cop is hiring the group to go get rid of a nest of kobolds. Depending on when we start and how long that takes I might throw some other stuff in. Standard Urban Arcana setting, most people don't even notice that the monsters are monsters. This particular cop does and so do you. She's hiring you cause the police can't just go in and take out creatures that everyone else sees as humans. She'll keep any other cops from intefering while you take care of business. If you don't know anything about Urban Arcana monsters(and other dnd type stuff) appear in our world through something called the shadow. Those that appear usually don't remember how they got there or much of anything about their pasts(remember general knowledge and history of themselves). They either integrate themselves into society or go bonkers and have to be taken out.
Hi there! I'd definitely be interested in joining up. A few questions though: - This sounds like a heavy combat campaign. Is there any point in rolling a Smart or Charismatic character? - How should we handle our starting wealth? - Can you make a house-rule so cell phones are more contemporary? Many of the capabilities of other devices (PDA, Cellular modem, Camera, Video Camcorder) can be accomplished by common cell phones now. Thanks!
It would probably be better to not use those two classes but if you can figure out a way to use them that would be awesome. It is heavy combat though. Though I'll try and work with what the players create so a class won't be completely underused. Still Charismatic might be problematic. For wealth if you actually join just go into the game lobby and roll them there. Roll normally for start and then profession rolls to increase wealth for level ups. Same with health(unless you want to just take half of each die or something like that). I'll need to come up with purchase dcs for smartphones, tablets, and the like but yeah if you want something like that just let me know.
you could always use the integrated equipment feature (+1 to Price DC), so Cellphone is DC 9, just add +1 for the camera, audio recorder, video recorder, and maybe computer capabilities, that would equal 13, a tad high but for that many features it seems reasonable.
It seems fair to me to just use the normal price for PDA for a smarthphone(they've essentially replaced pdas anyway). Tablets same price as Notebooks. If you want a smartphone/tablet that can connect to the internet anywhere add 2 to dc(for the added cost of the data plan). As far as I know you can't actually hack with a smartphone or tablet so it can be used for everything a normal computer would except that. You can also put a program on it that when connected to a computer gives +2 to computer use to hack. You can get memory sticks(to transfer files from computers, put your hacking programs and what not on) for purchase dc 2. Prices for cameras are for the high end high def versions also they both take pictures and video. Modem still needed for regular online use, but for purposes of d20 modern is considered both the modem and a wifi router. Digital audio recorder is dc 6. Printer is dc 6, scanner stays the same. Anything else needed?
Bump.