Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need help with finding a marketplace asset

Edited 1461411109
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm working on a world map and need a simple token/marker to represent a city, town, or a village. I've ran through the marketplace with only a few options to use. Russ Hapke's Old World sets has some building and such that I could use but they just don't look right for my needs. What I'm looking for is more along the lines of cartography symbols. Am I overlooking them in the marketplace?
I found many map icons just by searching the Internet for "fantasy city icon." Many fantasy mapping software programs come with or offer some free icon sets that are PNGs that will work just as well in Roll20 as they will in the program they come with. Whatever you find, you can add them to your Roll20 library and use them in your maps. Hope this helps.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for suggestion. I've been doing that with keywords in the game asset search and with google also but I wanted to keep it with roll20 specifically if possible.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Maybe Russ Hapke's Pins set? &nbsp;<a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/833/old-world-style-set-13-pins" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/833/old-world-style-set-13-pins</a>
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I looked them over and they did not suit what i wanted but I do like them.
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Could you describe what you're looking for in a bit more detail or give an example?&nbsp; I'm always looking for ideas of what people would like as are the other marketplace artists.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I was looking more for a 3/4 view of the town, city, ruins, etc...instead of full side or top down. I have a blank map that is drawn in that perspective and just would like my icons for stuff to be of similar nature. Russ Hapkes&nbsp; Old World set 2 fits the style but there are not the right icons as they are buildings instead of icons. I've used them as map markers before but just never been satisfied. :&nbsp; &nbsp;
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Great, that's just what I need to know.&nbsp; I'll chat with a couple of the other artists and perhaps add this to my list or encourage them to fill the niche.&nbsp; Thanks for the clear answer!
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
After seeing the map earlier, Pat, I have some ideas and will get some drafts going this weekend.&nbsp;