Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Randomly determine a flavor of "attack type"

Playing a Brawler in an upcoming Pathfinder game, but I want to try to use multiple possible "attack types" for him.  My current ability macro reads as such: UnarmedAtk /me attacks, (insert random attack type here) /roll 1d20+@{attk-melee} /roll 1d6+@{STR-mod}+@{DMG-mod} So far I have 3 "abilities" which have only the text of attacks in them (such as "swinging a roundhouse").  How would I do this?
1461451627

Edited 1461451789
Hi, Sam B. If you would like the "attack type" within your macro to be random, I would recommend asking your GM to set up a Rollable Table containing each of your "attack types", and place the Rollable Table's roll command within an Inline Roll (within your emote). e.g. /me attacks by [[ 1t[Attack-Type] ]] If you would like to choose the "attack type" used, I would recommend writing a  Drop-Down Roll Query containing your "attack types", and place that Roll Query within your emote. e.g. /me attacks by ?{Attack Type|Punch, swinging a punch|Kick, throwing a kick|Random, [[ 1t[Attack-Type] ]]|etc., etc.}
Alright, I'll ask my GM to make that table.  It's a shame the players can't make the tables ourselves/themselves!
1461452131

Edited 1461452179
If the Creator of your game is a Pro subscriber, you could make use of API Scripts , which can allow for the importing of Rollable Tables from text or the usage of macros that can emulate Rollable Tables .
Huh...good to know.  I don't think he is, but, hm.