Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

/talktomyself and macro menus

Edited 1461677041
I made a suggestion for a self keyword and someone answered there exists already "talktomyself". However, I can not get the menu to show when talktomyself is active /talktomyself on &{template:gm-menu}{{title=Karten}}{{1=[Weltkarte](!mc move --target Weltkarte)[Seattle](! ##Menu-Karten-Seattle)[Party](!mc rejoin)}} /talktomyself off This does not output a menu displayed in my rolltemplate. It works when I remove the /talktomyself commands.
I don't know that you can turn on and off the talktomyself function in the same macro without creating problems. You could just make a macro /talktomyself without on or off and it just toggles between the two.

Edited 1461678689
So the suggestion is absolutely valid... Especially because Note: API commands (a Pro subscription feature) will not be executed when /talktomyself is on.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Could you just do: /w Wandler &{template:gm-menu}{{title=Karten}}{{1=[Weltkarte](!mc move --target Weltkarte)[Seattle](! ##Menu-Karten-Seattle)[Party](!mc rejoin)}} or was your suggestion for something like /ws &{template:gm-menu}{{title=Karten}}{{1=[Weltkarte](!mc move --target Weltkarte)[Seattle](! ##Menu-Karten-Seattle)[Party](!mc rejoin)}} That would whisper to you regardless of your name? (which would be awesome!)

Edited 1461678665
The second one. Especially to allow for deeply nested and complex chat outputs to provide menus for player to interact with macros and/or API commands without cluttering the chat.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I would love a /ws option. As a (non-API) workaround, I have macros whisper to an account with the display name of "self".
As a (non-API) workaround, I have macros whisper to an account with the display name of "self". Haha. Thank you! ingenious!