Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to invite known players directly?

Dan W.
Sheet Author
Hi, I've got a player that I'd like to invite directly to a test campaign I'm setting up.  I'm just getting started and i'd like to invite another person in my household (my daughter) to my campaign.   She doesn't have an e-mail account ,so is there another way for me to 'discover' her in the site to send her an invite?   I've made an account for her and was going to use the player directory, but I can't find a way from her account to add her information to the player directory.  The directory seems searchable for others but that's it.  No way to add oneself.  I can't remember how I added myself to the directory... For example, is there nowhere I can just start searching for players by name... ?

Edited 1378566621
You could use the link given to you when you launch the campaign, its in a grey box within the chat. Hover over it then highlight, copy then paste it to whomever you'd like to invite.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Just pm the join link to the persons roll20 account name. The easiest way for me to do it is to open up a pm to them in one tab and have a second tab open to the gameboard then just copy paste it into the pm.
Dan W.
Sheet Author
Yes, but it was the '... paste it to whomever you'd like to invite' part that was the stumbling block.  Paste it...  where?   I can't send a private message unless I can discover the person.  I got around the problem by having her search the forms for my question and then posting the response.  That gave me a link to click on where I could then send a private message.  I'm leaving this here for anyone else that might have similar trouble.  A bit contrived, but it worked.   I still can't figure out how to add a new user to the player directory.  Does that happen automatically when filling in the bio?
When you attempt to create a new private message it will give you a box for recipient, begin typing the name and the person will pop up. Would be easier with unique screen names so a change of name would be needed. However, it seems you have things settled now. As far as player directory, I have yet to use it so I can't be of any assistance.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
With the new system I dont know. The old way was to find a post of theirs and click on their name to find their profile and pm them through it. There was/is another way but I cant remember it. A mod would know.
Dan W.
Sheet Author
To Wryneck:  .." it will give you a box for recipient, begin typing the name and the person will pop up" Perfect!  GOOD answer!  Should have been obvious I suppose. Cheers!