Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

GURPS Dice

If it is possible, I'd like to see it where when in a GURPS game and you roll a critical success it would highlight in green and a critical failure in Red, currently it is backwards in all of the GURPS games I play in. For new players to GURPS this can be confusing and frustrating. Or is there a setting in existence that can be adjusted that I'm just missing?
I should note, that I have been trying Macros for this but I havn't found the right formula, so that could be useful as well.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can use  critical success and failure syntax to define under what conditions the dice are displayed as green or red which allows you to override the default min/max... as i'm not familiar with the system I'm just throwing it out there as it may not be feasible as an answer to this issue.
Yeah I saw that, it's not quite what we need.  In GURPS you roll 3d6 for any skill roll etc. a roll of 3 or 4 is a critical success and a roll of 18 is a critical failure. What I'm looking for is for the total to be highlighted in green for below or equal to 4 and red for 18.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Figured as much but thought i'd throw it out there in case :)
Critical success and failure for GURPS can't be done by the regular Roll20 dice engine. You need to either create a custom roll template or write an API script. Here's a simple API script that gets the job done in a crude way. The syntax is: !gurps <effective skill level>    E.g., !gurps 10 on("chat:message", function(msg) { if(msg.type === "api" && msg.content.indexOf("!gurps ") !== -1) { var level = Number(msg.content.split(" ")[1]); var roll = randomInteger(6) + randomInteger(6) + randomInteger(6); var margin = level - roll; var result; if(roll <= level) { result = "Success"; } else { result = "Failure"; } if(roll === 3 || roll === 4) { result = "Critical Success"; } if(roll === 5 && level >= 15) { result = "Critical Success"; } if(roll === 6 && level >= 16) { result = "Critical Success"; } if(roll === 18) { result = "Critical Failure"; } if(roll === 17 && level <= 15) { result = "Critical Failure"; } if(margin <= -10) { result = "Critical Failure"; } sendChat(msg.who, "&{template:default} {{name=Roll vs. Effective Skill " + level.toString() + "}} {{Roll=" + roll.toString() + "}} {{Result=" + result + "}}"); } });
Oh wow, cool thanks! I'm not familiar with scripting yet but I am attempting to learn it.
It sounds like you missed my suggestion thread... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1458244/better-support-for-gurps" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1458244/better-support-for-gurps</a>
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .