Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Time Zone not Accurate on my account, don't know how to change it.

Let me just state at the outset that I have NO IDEA how to replicate this glitch, but the time zone on my account has changed to PDT and wont changes back to EST. My computer is running win 7 and I am using chrome, and I have my computer's clock set to Military (24 hour) time, but none of that should be happening. I have lost two great players already because of this glitch and want it solved before I loose any more. (I have since adjusted the start time of the game to match the glitch as a workaround, but should not have had to do that at all.) PLEASE help me fix this!
Check your computer settings in the bottom right, if it's all good there, then google 'what time is it' , if it's good there also, then maybe get off Military time, that might be causing some kind of funk.  If that fixes it, at least we found the issue.
I don't mean to sound like I am patronizing you, I realized that after I typed 'what time is it', I just meant it should check what your browser thinks what time zone your in >.>
Nope that's not it. Browser says 8:08 which is correct for my time zone and I am not going to put my computer back to 12 hour time because one website isn't programmed to handle one of the international standards. I am not being arrogant here, there are a lot of people all over the world who keep 24hour time and if Roll20 can't handle that it is going to go down in flames. 
To help isolate the problem, you could try Firefox and see if your time zone is still incorrect. If it's still wrong that would rule out Chrome as the source of the problem. You can also try temporarily disabling firewall/security software and see if that changes things. I think Roll20 is supposed to set this from the time zone set on your PC, but it could be that some vigilant software is keeping Roll20 from reading this info.
Nope that didn't fix it either, niether of them.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Issue resolved, thank you all for your assisteance.