Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Snap images to grid when copy/pasting...

It is beyond irritating and tedious to have to paste, select, drag, and drop on each and every single image when I am copy/pasting a bunch of hex tiles for mapping.
+1 please yes.   also would like to add it should keep current positions (what is move to front on the other) Copy a pre-made warehouse.  Have  5 duplicates.. paste.. only to find boxes under floors and walls under boxes and a giant mess to re-sort out, taking about as much time to Fix as it would to just remake.  Please snap to grid, and keep positions relative!
I ran into this immediately when I tried creating my first common playing area.  Objects I draw snap to grid while drawing, and never again after that.  In addition, rotation does not snap to grid or allow entered degrees of rotation, so I cannot accurately rotate a drawing 90 or 180 degrees.
As a workaround, you could create your drawing outside of Roll20 and upload it. It could then take advantage of the more robust snap and rotation tools for images. One thing that might help even with your current drawn items: if you select the drawing and press E-Alt and scroll with the mouse wheel, you can rotate with more fine control. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .