Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[request] Stormbringer Character Sheet

I am sorry to keep bothering you good people, but i have been working on this myself for a long time, & whatever i try, i just can't manage it.  Kind folks here on the forum have tried to help, but i am just not in a life place where i can do it myself.  I would gladly offer to assist, if that is worth anything...  only i don't honestly believe i would be more of a help than a hinder.  Stormbringer is a pretty simple BRP style RPG.  Would it be possible to get a character sheet?
I second Goblintrain's request for a Stormbringer character sheet. Stormbringer (also called Elric!) is an out-of-print Chaosium game that uses the Basic Role-Playing system. I would do the work myself but I do not have the skills. But, I would help with the sheet in any way that I could. Goblintrain: We should totally play Stormbringer some time!  :o)
Provided that i can get my virtual fingers on that character sheet, there has been enough interest in a campaign that i would make a go of it. I will keep you listed as an interested, Cutter. There have been other sheet requests for Stormbringer before mine, but for whatever reason it just hasn't happened yet. Ok, so it hasn't happened because i just don't know how to make the sheet myself! ;)  But honestly, Stormbringer is not nearly as obscure as a lot of the games here that do have working character sheets.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Part of the problem is one of time. If a sheet seems easy to do, then a sheet author is more inclined to give it ago. The more complicated, the less inclined an author may be, unless s/he plays that game as well.  For example, I went Pro, because I wanted to create a Savage Worlds Character Sheet that fit my needs. So, I created the Savage Worlds (Tabbed) sheet. But, given my situation in life, I don't play many other games any more, so creating a sheet for a game like Stormbringer (where the sheet seems a bit daunting), and being completely unfamiliar with the system/mechanics...makes it hard for me to want to create a sheet for a game I know nothing about and will likely have to support if anything breaks. Is there a sheet already on Roll20 that covers a lot of what would be needed for Stormbringer? If so, that may make things a little easier, since some code could be repurposed (but that isn't always easier, because you may have to try to understand what the other author did to get something to work). But if there is a sheet that has a lot of what is already needed, let me know and I may be able to do something. But I can't make any promises...life is just a bit too crazy at the moment.
GV you may bitch about being busy!  Your argument may be 100% the gnarled ass truth!  But the most important fact here is that you have answered my mail more than once now, and you really want the sheet happen!  :)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Goblintrain said: ...and you really want the sheet happen!  :) LOL! :) Like I said, I'll see what I can do, but no promises. ;)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You should sell cars GT.  ;-P As GV has mentioned, familiarity with the gaming system and access to the rules is kind of important for anyone taking on a sheet.  I feel that most(all) of the sheet authors and others on roll20 are more than happy to assist with any questions or hurdles that anyone has while creating a sheet.  Making a sheet is BIG commitment for anyone.  My suggestion is to start small with basic features and add complexity(bells and whistles) as you gain experience.  We are all here to help.  Honest.
:P