Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[BUG] Possible bug with Roll20, repeating sections and radio selection boxes.

Edited 1462677158
Sam
Sheet Author
Solved! Error did exist with the sheet's HTML. Use unique html tag names or IDs people. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Experiencing a very peculiar bug in the Star Wars FFG Character Sheet with the critical injury effect radio selection box. I have been diving into this bug for a while now and as far as I have been able to conclude the bug is not being caused by the character sheet's HTML, CSS or JS. I am going to try and explain the issue as best as possible. When you click on a critical injury's effect radio button  (Checked) Sometimes the radio button clears itself a few moments after you click it. (Unchecked) Unless you click a second time. The peculiar thing is that according to the chrome inspector the radio button still has the value of checked in the html though it's not checked visually In the css the :checked selector also isn't being respected and isn't evaluating to true so rules like .sheet-switch [type=radio]:checked .sheet-switch-input-off:checked  ~ .sheet-switch-selection don't get attached. The console log shows an interesting story when you click the first time and you have the error happen. Here we can see the request sent and the responses from Roll20's app.js Now here is the interesting thing When you click the second time to "lock in" your choice the request doesn't fire again. The only addition to the log is the additional CLICKED statement. What it feels like to me is that Roll20 tries to execute the request, errors out and then tries to fallback resulting in the radio button being unchecked. It still doesn't explain the disconnect between the html checked value being set while the visual check is gone and the css :checked select fails to evaluate to true. By this point I would love some other eyes to look into this to see if there's something that's missing.

Edited 1462544401
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
After the button "clears", what happens if you close and reopen the sheet? (Should help narrow down where the issue is occurring.)
Sam
Sheet Author
Brian said: After the button "clears", what happens if you close and reopen the sheet? (Should help narrow down where the issue is occurring.) The button is still cleared and still contains the attribute "checked="checked""
Sam
Sheet Author
Bump
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
So, did the "I fixed it" edit at the top come before or after the bump? (you don't need to bump threads, this one happened after I had left for the weekend on Friday I would have picked it up when I log in on Monday)
Sam
Sheet Author
The fix came after the bump. I had found a working example else where on the sheet so I was able to do some A/B comparison and with that I was able to figure out the issue. Glad to know that I don't have to bump threads. I'll remember that for the future.
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Alright, I'm glad you were able to find a fix! I'm going to go ahead and close/resolve this thread. If you have any further issues fell free to open a new one. Happy gaming!