Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Special FX affected by dynamic lighting

Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I would like to suggest the option to be able to have special FX to be affected by dynamic lighting. Since FX can now be created programmatically to produce various sorts of automated atmospheric effects, it could be useful to GMs to not show programmatically spawned FX in areas obscured by dyanamic lighting. For example, the inner chamber of a dragon's lair might have special FX going on to produce bubbling pools of magma. Since currently special FX are not obscured by dynamic lighting, the players will be able to see the bubbling magma special effects and know that something is going on over there, even though they cannot see that area.
is this still an issue and it is sad to see no more vote on it +1
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yep, it's still an issue.
+1. I found this out last night when I used it for the first time.
BUMP
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .