Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Curse of Strahd, D&D 5e. Sundays from 2pm to 6pm weekly

Edited 1462924417
Looking for mature players to play in curse of strahd adventure path from 2pm to 6 pm Central Time, weekly every sunday. I'm looking for team players who enjoy roleplay and can get behind the themes and atmosphere of Ravenloft. I am looking to start as early as next Sunday. Character Creation: Level 1 Point Buy Normal Starting Equipment Allowed Material: Players Handbook  Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide  Elemental Evil Player's Companion  DMG (Races) Curse of Strahd Backgrounds and Trinkets Restricted: Ask me if you want to use anything not published by wizard's of the coast. Alternate Rules in Play: Slower Natural Healing Encumbrance Fear and Horror Madness/Insanity *I may add or remove alternate rules in play based on player interest. I'd like incorporate dark powers checks out of nostalgia So if you are interested let me know by telling me a bit about yourself and your roleplaying experience. Also the character you wish to play. Backstory, race and class at minimum. New players are welcome! A mic is required, webcam is desirable but optional.  Available Slots: Teramis (Wizard) Brian W. (Cleric) Ki-El (Monk) Arnlaug B. (Rogue) Saevar L. (Paladin or Ranger) Alternates: DannoTanno  
**bumps**
Im def interested. Ill get back to you on specific details but ill play a ranger/human with the monster hunter background from cos. I've been dming for about 8 years now so.  I've no problem with the rules you have in place. Slower healing as in the short rest is a day and long rest is a week? Written from phone.
I would be interested in playing a cleric. Clerics in Ravenloft have a lot of fun... They can also have a hard time though😕. I have played all editions up to 3.5, but I have not as of yet played a 5ed game. I have all of the core books though. I am experienced with healer classes and would make a great asset to a team of meat bags that like bleeding all over the place. Race would be either dwarves or human (prefer human). I tend to play chaotic characters so deity would be from that mind set. I like having a backstory with a strong personal reason for inclusion, so I might want to chat with the DM about getting some info. Easy going guy. Like to have fun, enjoy long walks on the beach, moonlight... 😜. In all seriousness I like RPing and really getting into the character, so if you would like me to join just let me know.  Thanks!

Edited 1462822004
Bryn
Marketplace Creator
Hi. My friend and I are very much interested in participating in your game. We both live in Norway on the west coast. I myself am British and moved here 8 years ago. And have retained my English fluency heh. My friend is Norwegian. And she is very much fluent in English also. I have been GM'ing for the past 3 years. Started with the classic Paranoia and moved on do 5th edition D&D. I have been a long time role-player. I started with live role-playing many moons ago at the ripe old age of 17. I am now 37.....oh god that's the first time I have written that since I turned 37 last month, gah! Oh well back to myself. I then started tabletop role-playing shortly after. Starting with Gurps, and evolving from there. I have mostly played Call of Cthulu, all of White Wolves products and some Paranoia and other little games here and there. I am currently running a game of Tyranny of Dragons as DM for some friends on Roll20. It's been going weekly since August of last year. I am also a player in another friends "around the table, face to face" style play in the campaign Out of the Abyss. When I heard about this campaign being released I was very interested in playing. I have been looking for a campaign that me and my friend could play together. We would be playing Elven brother and sister. I would be a Monk and she would be a Rogue. Our style would be Yin and Yang. She will be the night to my day. Very opposite people. But still kin.  On a side note I also produce art for Roll20. Currently sell products on the Marketplace.  I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Kiel(pronounced Kyle)
Hello! I'm the abovementioned friend. I'm female, 34, born and raised in Bergen, Norway, and work in software development. My first encounter with roleplaying must have been back in the early 00s with a bunch of friends around a table in someone's parents' basement. As it should be. It didn't last long because some people could never find the time to get together. The last few years I've NPCed in a postapocalyptic LARP for kids and young teens as Professor Fluoxitine Hydrochloride (not mad!). I didn't take up tabletop RPG again until Kiel invited me to join his game this autumn, and now I'm having lots of fun with it. As he mentioned we're thinking of playing a brother/sister team of monk/rogue. We'll sit down together and work out a good backstory.
Also very interested in this.
Thanks for the interest in the game, i'll be sending out invites shortly. I might up the allowed count to 6 but i usually prefer running with 5 players. I didn't expect so much interest. 
Right managed to get on. So yeah, i've been DMing for a very long time, I currently run the an online group of players where we do drop ins and drop out D&D one shots but the characters are kept after they finish to join another one shot. I like to play wildly different characters from the last. Though particularly for Strahd I actually wanted to play either a human-Undead/Vampire hunter (AKA Ranger class) With a monster hunter background or a Devote Paladin of Hoar who seeks vengence upon those who wronged others, with perhaps a cursed background :).  I have recently attempted to record my sessions as well but still working on the kinks and qualities of life issues. I am very familiar with Roll20 and have been using it for the better part of 3 years now. So I know all the shortcuts and what not.
Alright so invites were sent out, apologies to those who didn't get an invite. Danno I put you down as an alternate in case we have someone cancel. Now to actually prepare this adventure 
Hi Mike, if you are still looking for characters play I would love to play as well.  I know you're likely full up but figured I'd give a try :) Good luck!