Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Script] Edge of the Empire Dice with Images in the Chat Window

Edited 1458718449
GM Knowledge Rhino said: Stario said: I immensely enjoyed this API you have made as a player, so let me first just say thank you very much. Now I realise with updates things change, however I cannot help but feel the new sheets look a bit... Clunky, perhaps it is just not my taste. Is there a possibility of there being an option to switch back to the previous look for the updated sheets? Or would one be required to utilise the old API for that? Which part do you think is clunky? the display of the rolls in the boxes (Roll Templates), the black star field title bars, or ? Unfortunately I cannot say "if it can be turned off" without knowing which part specifically doesn't work for you. I must apologise because of my initial reaction being very strong, after a day or two of working with them I feel it is not so much clunky but just a visual problem. I think my biggest gripe with it are mostly some of the colours and designs not meshing well, so nothing too important actually. Such as the buttons  Character Sheet, Vehicle Sheet, Group Sheet, Companion Sheet or the  Character Info, Skills, Combat, Item Inventory and Notes . The colour just seems to contrast and not really work well at all with the overall theme and look of the rest of the sheet, it's kind of a too strong neon red. The star background for things like Destiny Pool and Dice Pool also are more noticeable for me now, and don't seem to fit in with the overall design of the rest of the sheet's style. Honestly, I think the problem lies more with me and my personal preference than anything, although I would suggest maybe changing the design or at least toning down the colours of the neon red buttons. TL;DR - I saw the updated sheets, expecting the old ones I was met with an initial impression of something somewhat different that I didn't like. Overreacting a bit, I posted here to voice my distaste, but after some contemplating realised it is not so bad and mostly a minor visual problem.
If I may- I have an idea that would be rather interesting. I notice that you have a little check-box to toggle the old ship sheets and the initiative order stuff. Would it then be possible to say...hit a checkbox and suddenly the sheet becomes a "minion sheet"? Where- You have multiple health bars for your minions to keep track of it, and you can also keep track of the skills they have access to. This would be of immense help to the GMs out there and could possibly be implemented in an unobtrusive and cool way. I dunno I'm no coder though just figured I'd throw something in here

Edited 1458828038
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tim R. said: If I may- I have an idea that would be rather interesting. I notice that you have a little check-box to toggle the old ship sheets and the initiative order stuff. Would it then be possible to say...hit a checkbox and suddenly the sheet becomes a "minion sheet"? Where- You have multiple health bars for your minions to keep track of it, and you can also keep track of the skills they have access to. This would be of immense help to the GMs out there and could possibly be implemented in an unobtrusive and cool way. I dunno I'm no coder though just figured I'd throw something in here So in doing more testing, I found I was going about this wrong. Rather than trying to write ANOTHER sheet, I should write a way to turn the Companion Sheet back and forth into Companion/Minion/Rival/Nemesis. I think it has most of what is wanted for a NPC sheet anyway, and it would be less code to add, to modify that to be useful.
Please Help. I cant get this working anymore. I copy/pasted all three portions and followed the "install instructions". Everytime i save the API i get the yellow text that is is good (as mentioned above). I then launch my game session and the dice roller doesn't work. The character sheets are fine but dead on the dice roller. I go back into teh API for teh dice roller and i alwasy have this: Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again. More info... For reference, the error message generated was: /home/symbly/www/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:1 orts, require, module, __filename, __dirname) { function g(a){throw a;}var j=v ^ TypeError: Object 2 has no method 'split' at evalmachine.<anonymous>:1209:22 at Array.sort (native) at Object.eote.process.initiative (evalmachine.<anonymous>:1208:15) at Object.eote.process.setup (evalmachine.<anonymous>:660:22) at evalmachine.<anonymous>:3528:22 at eval (
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rob R. said: Please Help. I cant get this working anymore. I copy/pasted all three portions and followed the "install instructions". Everytime i save the API i get the yellow text that is is good (as mentioned above). I then launch my game session and the dice roller doesn't work. The character sheets are fine but dead on the dice roller. I go back into teh API for teh dice roller and i alwasy have this: Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again. More info... For reference, the error message generated was: /home/symbly/www/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:1 orts, require, module, __filename, __dirname) { function g(a){throw a;}var j=v ^ TypeError: Object 2 has no method 'split' at evalmachine.<anonymous>:1209:22 at Array.sort (native) at Object.eote.process.initiative (evalmachine.<anonymous>:1208:15) at Object.eote.process.setup (evalmachine.<anonymous>:660:22) at evalmachine.<anonymous>:3528:22 at eval ( Unless you are comfortable with the Custom Sheets, you should be using the 4.0.4.3 of the dice roller (on the API Script GitHub) and the drop down character sheet. This is stated at the top of the wiki page itself. Test with a secondary campaign and there won't be any "gotchas". That error that you get is not reproducible by me, so I recommend you follow the standard Roll20 troubleshooting procedures before troubleshooting the sheet itself.
I have a problem... i switch my API is not working. I had 4.0.4.2 and i switch it over to the 4.0.4.3 but its still not working.. It was working before i added more maps and NPCs but now nothing :( any input? i ask on a different thread encase but thought maybe you guys on this thread may know.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So what version of the Character Sheet are you sing with the API? There are 3 Versions that can somewhat work with the API script itself; Star Wars: Edge of the Empire (French) Star Wars: Edge of the Empire (API-Compatible) [Depreciated] On the dropdown it will say it is depreciated No game logos on the top of the page. This version needs the 3.0 or 2.6 version of the script. Star Wars: Edge of the Empire (API-Compatible) Small pictures of Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny at the top of the page. This is the only version that works with the 4.X versions of the script.
So I've come across kind of a weird bug in one of my games.  I'm using the 2.6 version of the script and have the DEPRECATED API-Compatible sheets in the game.  Some of the character sheets though are rolling 4 setback die in the pool every time it rolls a weapon or combat skill check.  Even if the character sheet dice pool is cleared/reset and there is nothing in the GM dice pool.  There aren't any setback listed in any additional dice windows and it only does it for some but not all of the character sheets in the game.  I've spun down and spun up the API, exited and re-entered the game.  The only work around I have right now is I'm not counting the last 4 setback die in the roll and just manually calling the result.  Has anyone else seen this issue before?  Not vital that it be solved, but I might try deleting those character sheets and recreating them to see if it solves the problem.  That will just take some time to do all the copying though.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anthony Nevermind said: So I've come across kind of a weird bug in one of my games.  I'm using the 2.6 version of the script and have the DEPRECATED API-Compatible sheets in the game.  Some of the character sheets though are rolling 4 setback die in the pool every time it rolls a weapon or combat skill check.  Even if the character sheet dice pool is cleared/reset and there is nothing in the GM dice pool. As with Microsoft to people still using Windows XP, the fix would be "upgrade to a newer version". The authors that worked on 2.6 have moved on to other projects.
Hey, I have a question: I'm not sure if it ever worked, but the Group Sheet -> Shared Resources doesn't actually seem to replicate between my PCs. Is there an option or something I'm missing, or did this never work the way I'm hoping? Along the same lines, any way to have a ship shared between the party?
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ellwood S. said: Hey, I have a question: I'm not sure if it ever worked, but the Group Sheet -> Shared Resources doesn't actually seem to replicate between my PCs. Is there an option or something I'm missing, or did this never work the way I'm hoping? Along the same lines, any way to have a ship shared between the party? There was never a feature to share data between sheets. It is a feature I have tested, but so far haven't "cracked". So the reason you can't do it, is nobody has coded it.

Edited 1459787132
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have long wanted to make some design changes with the character sheet in terms of color. The current iteration has star fields in the labels, and aside from 1 comment outside of my group I have zero idea if people like it or not. Rather than dwell on that, I have decide to go forth with more changes to the look. Right now I haven't decided if I will rollback to the drab title + colors for the released version and keep the new designs for my group, or release the new designs to all. I did figure I would share what the new look is shaping up to be. New Design pictures = <a href="http://imgur.com/a/8wVJY" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/8wVJY</a> Reason for changes Colors The color choices were to try to bring it more in line with the colors of the game Red + White for Age of Rebellion Tan(ish) and dark Maroon for Edge of the Empire Yellow and Black for Force and Destiny A note, while Yellow and Black are the colors they chose, I decided to go more subtle as Yellow and Black together can be rather jarring I went with fades/mixes to try to make it softer with still using both colors. The idea was to try to remove all color choices that did not fit with the game, wherever possible. Critical Injury/Critical Hit Changes Roll Template Change The weird method of display for the Critical Injuries annoyed me. Now that I went for a star field in the Roll Templates in regular skill checks, I wanted to make the Criticals stand out. To this end making them Red and taking out the off-putting pictures accomplishes this very easily. Additionally the earlier Roll Template had the name of the character above the Critical, this was confusing, so I swapped those around. Location Change For the Character sheet I often had Players ask "where do I apply the Critical Injury" so I decided to give it, its own tab so it was easy to see. Please let me know if these are things that others would like as well, otherwise I will just keep them for my group (that already seems to like them)
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I updated the procedures for installing the script/sheet&nbsp;in the wiki to reflect the new One-Click Install stuff for the API Scripts. This should prevent people changing to the new script/sheet from having issues with mixing versions that some folks have been having.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Updated to 4.0.4.7 Updated with the new color scheme and a few other things. If you want to test it out and offer comments before being uploaded, that is okay. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible#Test_" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible#Test_</a>...
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
To be honest, I think the star field backgrounds for the headings is distracting. I personally prefer the flat colours to the gradient backgrounds. Line 97 of the HTML there is a stray end comment tag. The red/orange background behind the wounds/strain attributes looks a little bit jaggy in places.&nbsp; I think I understand what Stario was saying about it feeling clunky. It's no one big glaring thing but a series of little things that makes it feel less than polished. If you're open to suggestions I can take a closer look and see if I can make some recommendations.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tim P. said: I think I understand what Stario was saying about it feeling clunky. It's no one big glaring thing but a series of little things that makes it feel less than polished. If you're open to suggestions I can take a closer look and see if I can make some recommendations. Stario was referring to an earlier version so it does not apply, but I appreciate the attempt at finding common ground. I do want suggestions or I would have said "if you want to test it out and offer comments..." BTW the "flat colors" will not be coming back. It is possible I can go to a full blank and white, but the ugly purples/blues/etc was an assault on the senses and the color choices were "defaults" rather than any imagination or relating to anything other than ugliness. I chose gradients because the colors tied into the 3 lines and solid colors were too violently jarring to be able to be used.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's a shame because the flat colours of the original API character sheet made for a much cleaner presentation. The gradients make the white text labels difficult to read, I don't feel like they add anything to the layout. The most important feature of a character sheet should be clarity, and the gradients make it feel messy. I thought the original colours were perfect, I'm not convinced they needed to be changed. &nbsp;
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tim P. said: I thought the original colours were perfect, I'm not convinced they needed to be changed.&nbsp; The fun part is,&nbsp;I do not have to convince you. You put in your comment, it has been heard, repeating it will gain nothing except to convince me to upload it to the official. =) The 4.0.4.7 colors may not make it to an "official" version, but the original purple ugliness is only coming back if you go back to version 3.0 from the old GitHub via a custom sheet, with the code errors and missing all the updated features. It will never be back to the old stuff if I can help it.

Edited 1460422209
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fair enough. Again, its a shame. In the meantime I'll be continuing to run the old sheet. &nbsp;Actually to be fair I'll probably run the new version, but with tweaked CSS, as its purely the visuals that bother me at this point. I greatly appreciate the effort that's gone into the fixing of bugs and adding of features.
Sam
Sheet Author
I just posted a bug report about the riding beasts&nbsp; here since I hadn't found this sheet yet. Would it be possible for this fix to find itself into 4.0.4.7 before upload?

Edited 1462055262
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: I just posted a bug report about the riding beasts&nbsp; here since I hadn't found this sheet yet. Would it be possible for this fix to find itself into 4.0.4.7 before upload? This has been fixed on Version 4.0.4.8 @ <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible#Test_Version" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible#Test_Version</a> A&nbsp;note. Due to a lack of any comments aside from 1 rudely negative one, I decided to roll back all color/design changes and I will not be bothering to change those in the future except for the character sheet I use for my own group. The standard will be the ugly purples.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I will be uploading 4.0.4.8 to the GitHub next Monday so any fixes/updates you want to get in before then, let me know.
I've run into some problems when using ship tokens getting the system_strain and hulltrauma variables to sync with their associated tokens. Not sure if that is isolated to my game & haven't had a chance to look at the problem very closely since I encountered it, but thought I'd mention. As always, thanks so much for your continued support!
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
GM Matt said: I've run into some problems when using ship tokens getting the system_strain and hulltrauma variables to sync with their associated tokens. Not sure if that is isolated to my game & haven't had a chance to look at the problem very closely since I encountered it, but thought I'd mention. As always, thanks so much for your continued support! I was not able to replicate the issue. Please confirm if this is just a hiccup on your part or not. Please note, due to the requirement to keep in the "old vehicle tabs" you may be selecting the wrong variables. Only use "space-", "planetary-", or "beast-" ones. The blank ones without a type are the horrible ones the previous sheet used that did not allow more than 1 vehicle type.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Due to the post <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3326217/api-for-eote-ffg/?pageforid=3330020#post-3330020" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3326217/api-for-eote-ffg/?pageforid=3330020#post-3330020</a> and being bored, I added a previously requested feature, I added a Dropdown skill list to the Force Powers section for the Character and the Companions. This feature is added in Version 4.0.4.9 @ <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible#Test_Version" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible#Test_Version</a>
GM Knowledge Rhino said: GM Matt said: I've run into some problems when using ship tokens getting the system_strain and hulltrauma variables to sync with their associated tokens. Not sure if that is isolated to my game & haven't had a chance to look at the problem very closely since I encountered it, but thought I'd mention. As always, thanks so much for your continued support! I was not able to replicate the issue. Please confirm if this is just a hiccup on your part or not. Please note, due to the requirement to keep in the "old vehicle tabs" you may be selecting the wrong variables. Only use "space-", "planetary-", or "beast-" ones. The blank ones without a type are the horrible ones the previous sheet used that did not allow more than 1 vehicle type. Yeah, I think I'm using the wrong variables. I will check it to make sure. Thanks for the tip.
Question: I know FFG give people the initiative by saying PC rolls their slots and any PC can use it... but alot of the games i play (and the one i GM) the players don't like that.. so i was thinking, can you add in PC Name slot as will so when it adds you to the turn order, it adds the player name then saying PC or NPC??? just a idea Something like this but with out the ( ) type deal lmao
Sam
Sheet Author
Using version&nbsp;4.0.4.8 of the sheet I've noticed a couple of things. For critical injuries and critical hits when you click whether the effect is still active or not the color doesn't stay if you click off so you have no idea what status the critical is at. The second thing I've noticed is that in the weapon qualities box anything that comes after a colon is hidden in the output when you roll the weapon. I'm not sure if this is a feature, bug, or happening because of something else. Brittle, Pierce 1: Despair causes weapon to take damage, Penetrates one layer of soak If you put that as the weapon quality and then roll it. Only the only thing that shows up is the Brittle, Pierce 1. It is certainly an nice coincidence because you can explain what a item quality does without having to have it clutter the roll. The problem is that I was unable to find a way to terminate the hiding and show normal text again.&nbsp;I tried line breaks but those just break the formatting. Brittle: Despair causes weapon to take damage; Pierce 1: Penetrates one layer of soak. Changing the formatting to that would cause the Pierce 1 not to show up. Would it be possible in the code to add something similar to this behavior but be more controllable? Something like "remove anything between parentheses" or some other delimiter?&nbsp; Brittle (Despair causes weapon to take damage) Pierce 1 (Penetrates one layer of soak) A simple regular expression could take care of it in one go Pseudo Code: itemQualityToDisplay = Regex(Regex(itemQuality, "([^\(\)]*)", ""), "\s{2,}", " ").Trim(); Or if you didn't want to run that every time the item is rolled. You could have a piece of code that is called only when the item quality box is changed, runs the regex and then stores the result in a variable that is then called instead when the item is rolled.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Acrisius said: Question: I know FFG give people the initiative by saying PC rolls their slots and any PC can use it... but alot of the games i play (and the one i GM) the players don't like that.. so i was thinking, can you add in PC Name slot as will so when it adds you to the turn order, it adds the player name then saying PC or NPC??? just a idea Something like this but with out the ( ) type deal lmao Being that it is not within the rules to do that, it would be inappropriate to add that. Samuel T. said: Using version&nbsp;4.0.4.8 of the sheet I've noticed a couple of things. For critical injuries and critical hits when you click whether the effect is still active or not the color doesn't stay if you click off so you have no idea what status the critical is at. Using 4.0.4.8 is not one that will receive updates, I only update the currently listed version (currently 4.0.4.9). I will look into this, but I am not sure how soon I will be able to get it in. Samuel T. said: The second thing I've noticed is that in the weapon qualities box anything that comes after a colon is hidden in the output when you roll the weapon. I'm not sure if this is a feature, bug, or happening because of something else. Brittle, Pierce 1: Despair causes weapon to take damage, Penetrates one layer of soak If you put that as the weapon quality and then roll it. Only the only thing that shows up is the Brittle, Pierce 1. It is certainly an nice coincidence because you can explain what a item quality does without having to have it clutter the roll. The problem is that I was unable to find a way to terminate the hiding and show normal text again.&nbsp;I tried line breaks but those just break the formatting. Brittle: Despair causes weapon to take damage; Pierce 1: Penetrates one layer of soak. This is due to how the labels are done. I added the "features" section to allow for info that is separate information. To change this it would require a major overhaul of the script/sheet which will not be a method I feel is worth the effort when that information can be recorded elsewhere. Realistically does every Quality have to be spelled out what it does in every single weapon? no. That is not how weapons are handled. I would recommend if you feel your Players need a reminder of what each quality does, you may look into making a handout with all the qualities and what they do.
Sam
Sheet Author
Using 4.0.4.8 is not one that will receive updates, I only update the currently listed version (currently 4.0.4.9). No need to look into updating 4.0.4.8 I will use 4.0.4.9 as soon as it comes out. I was only using 4.8 because of the companion and beast skills problems. If 4.9 fixes it then I'm good and really hoping that 4.9 updates to everyone soon.
Sam
Sheet Author
In 4.0.4.9 I have to click the critical effect on or off twice in order to get it to stay. If I only click once the filling animation for "No" only goes about halfway and the retreats. If I click it a second time then it completes and I can click off and it will stay. With clicking on the "On" the animation finishes but if I don't click a second time then the indication that it's selected goes away.
4.0.4.9 - rolling critical is not showing up on char sheet unless i close it out and reopen... Dice in the dice pool are not resetting unless i close out char sheet, this is the bugs i found so far :D
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: In 4.0.4.9 I have to click the critical effect on or off twice in order to get it to stay. If I only click once the filling animation for "No" only goes about halfway and the retreats. If I click it a second time then it completes and I can click off and it will stay. With clicking on the "On" the animation finishes but if I don't click a second time then the indication that it's selected goes away. Stating it is broken multiple times does not change anything. I get it, I responded to it. If you want to keep typing it, you can fix that code section yourself. Acrisius said: 4.0.4.9 - rolling critical is not showing up on char sheet unless i close it out and reopen... Dice in the dice pool are not resetting unless i close out char sheet, this is the bugs i found so far :D Like the last few issues brought up, I always do testing before fixing anything. My testing does not have these issues, so I am not sure I can fix them for you.
Sam
Sheet Author
Stating it is broken multiple times does not change anything. I get it, I responded to it. If you want to keep typing it, you can fix that code section yourself. I am not restating it just to restate it. I saw that it was broken in 4.0.4.8 so thought I was doing my due diligence and reporting the issue in case you hadn't known about it. You told me that you were not going to update 4.0.4.8 because it was a past issue and that you would look into the issue. I saw that 4.0.4.9 was released as a Test version and so I decided to update to it in the hopes the the problem was fixed. Indeed the problem was mostly fixed but there was new behavior that wasn't present before so I decided to report back to new behavior and how to reproduce in case the new behavior helped you to track down the actual cause of the bug. Don't bite my head off for giving you expanded feedback.
it may have been the sever... not to sure though cause the other players wasn't saying they had a problem with it.. will let you know more when i test it out more :D
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: Stating it is broken multiple times does not change anything. I get it, I responded to it. If you want to keep typing it, you can fix that code section yourself. I am not restating it just to restate it. I saw that it was broken in 4.0.4.8 so thought I was doing my due diligence and reporting the issue in case you hadn't known about it. You told me that you were not going to update 4.0.4.8 because it was a past issue and that you would look into the issue. I saw that 4.0.4.9 was released as a Test version and so I decided to update to it in the hopes the the problem was fixed. Indeed the problem was mostly fixed but there was new behavior that wasn't present before so I decided to report back to new behavior and how to reproduce in case the new behavior helped you to track down the actual cause of the bug. Don't bite my head off for giving you expanded feedback. It is not expanded feedback, it is repeated feedback. I knew it wouldn't be fixed in 4.0.4.9 because I did not touch that code. I will get to this issue "sometime in the future" but don't expect it anytime soon.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: Using 4.0.4.8 is not one that will receive updates, I only update the currently listed version (currently 4.0.4.9). No need to look into updating 4.0.4.8 I will use 4.0.4.9 as soon as it comes out. I was only using 4.8 because of the companion and beast skills problems. If 4.9 fixes it then I'm good and really hoping that 4.9 updates to everyone soon. So I looked into the issue and have some bad news. There is likely nothing that can be done to fix it. The code on the version of the code before I did anything (version 3.0) that behaves properly, is 100% exactly the same There was 1 difference but adding the one difference did not change the symptoms so it is being ignored as a difference. The difference was the old code listed a CSS reference to "appearance" within the style relating to that function. It is not valid CSS code and thus was ignored when it was in and removing it was 100% the same effect. The CSS was verified 100% even cutting and pasting the old code over the new. The HTML was verified to be 100% exactly the same in the old and new code. The same section of CSS works 100% properly for the Active/Passive for talents. So, the behavior is able to be replicated, it is 100% correct code to do what it is supposed to do, that same code does the 100% correct thing in another function. Basically that means there is 100% nothing that can be done to fix the issue from the Character Sheet/API Script/CSS end to change this at all. Additionally no further troubleshooting will be done on this issue.
GM Matt said: GM Knowledge Rhino said: GM Matt said: I've run into some problems when using ship tokens getting the system_strain and hulltrauma variables to sync with their associated tokens. Not sure if that is isolated to my game & haven't had a chance to look at the problem very closely since I encountered it, but thought I'd mention. As always, thanks so much for your continued support! I was not able to replicate the issue. Please confirm if this is just a hiccup on your part or not. Please note, due to the requirement to keep in the "old vehicle tabs" you may be selecting the wrong variables. Only use "space-", "planetary-", or "beast-" ones. The blank ones without a type are the horrible ones the previous sheet used that did not allow more than 1 vehicle type. Yeah, I think I'm using the wrong variables. I will check it to make sure. Thanks for the tip. Confirmed. I was using the wrong variables here. Again, thanks for all of the work you do to support this sheet. It is fantastic.
Acrisius said: it may have been the sever... not to sure though cause the other players wasn't saying they had a problem with it.. will let you know more when i test it out more :D Ok it was sever lag that was causing the problem i had. Keep up the good work :D

Edited 1462680986
Sam
Sheet Author
Update to the critical effect button bug. I have found and solved the problem with them. The problem is that the critical injury and critical hit html tags share the same name values. In HTML name and id values must be unique or conflicts happen as in the case here. Solving the problem and delivering the fix are two entirely different things. What I propose is that the critical sections for personal / companion / beast as well as starship / vehicle / planetary_vehicle be decoupled completely from each other. I have begun to do this on my own test version of the sheet but I don't want to do too much before consulting you and there will be necessary changes to the javascript to complete this. My proposal states leaving the HTML tag name alone but tack on an identifier. IE: the first critical hit for the character becomes "attr_characterCritName1" instead of "attr_critName1", the companion would be "attr_companionCritName1" the beast would be "attr_beastCritName1". For the vehicles we change them to be "attr_starshipCritShipName1",&nbsp;"attr_vehicleCritShipName1" and "attr_pVehicleCritShipName1" for starships, the random vehicle critical section, and the planetary vehicle section respectfully. The benefit of this is that the javascript will be able to stay mostly the same as it currently is with very little modification. If the functions for crit and critship are modified to accommodate a type being passed in so that the commands change to !eed characterID(@{character_id}) critship(add|@{starshipCritShipAddRangeNum}|starship) !eed characterID(@{character_id}) critship(roll|starship) !eed characterID(@{character_id}) critship(heal|@{starshipCritShipOn15}|starship) and !eed characterID(@{character_id}) crit(roll|beast) !eed characterID(@{character_id}) crit(add|@{beastCritAddRangeNum}|beast) !eed characterID(@{character_id}) crit(heal|@{beastCritOn15}|beast) Using the starship and beast as examples we can tell the javascript that the type being passed in is a starship and beast respectfully. Then in the javascript all that we have to do is pull off the type like you're already doing when you're splitting on the vertical pipe and then tack that type back on to where the finished product is supposed to go. critAttrs = [ { name: type + 'CritShipName' + openSlot, current: critTable[key].name, max: '', update: true }, { name: type + 'CritShipSeverity' + openSlot, current: critTable[key].severity, max: '', update: true }, { name: type + 'CritShipRange' + openSlot, current: critTable[key].percent, max: '', update: true }, { name: type + 'CritShipSummary' + openSlot, current: critTable[key].Result, max: '', update: true }, { name: type + 'CritShipOn' + openSlot, current: openSlot, max: '', update: true } ]; Obviously the examples aren't the only areas that need fixing but it's to show the idea. Crafty Regular expression usage can take care of this pretty quickly.
Sam
Sheet Author
Can the skill Resilience be added to the weapon skill dropdown please? The Ithorian's ability bellow uses it and bellow is treated as a blast stun weapon.
GM Knowledge Rhino said: Due to the post <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3326217/api-for-eote-ffg/?pageforid=3330020#post-3330020" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3326217/api-for-eote-ffg/?pageforid=3330020#post-3330020</a> and being bored, I added a previously requested feature, I added a Dropdown skill list to the Force Powers section for the Character and the Companions. This feature is added in Version 4.0.4.9 @ <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible#Test_Version" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible#Test_Version</a> Hey rhino, can you please add Range Light and Heavy into the force drop down list.... Force power Hull states its base off your range skill with diff of ya ya ya lol thanks :D

Edited 1462734697
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Acrisius said: GM Knowledge Rhino said: Due to the post <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3326217/api-for-eote-ffg/?pageforid=3330020#post-3330020" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3326217/api-for-eote-ffg/?pageforid=3330020#post-3330020</a> and being bored, I added a previously requested feature, I added a Dropdown skill list to the Force Powers section for the Character and the Companions. This feature is added in Version 4.0.4.9 @ <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible#Test_Version" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible#Test_Version</a> Hey rhino, can you please add Range Light and Heavy into the force drop down list.... Force power Hull states its base off your range skill with diff of ya ya ya lol thanks :D And this is why I never wanted to add this in the first place. This feature will be removed in the next version.

Edited 1462800241
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: Update to the critical effect button bug. It is times like these I wish people read the wiki I wrote specifically to answer these kinds of questions. I will not be making this change at this time. I know what the problem is. The problem is, it will require a rewrite of the JavaScript/CSS/HTML and over 6000 lines of code I do not feel that is something that is required I work on, until I fix the minor things. Fix before redesign... or fixes never happen. I am also starting to realize why the previous 3 coders quit supporting this script/sheet.
Sam
Sheet Author
The problem is, it will require a rewrite of the JavaScript/CSS/HTML and over 6000 lines of code As far as I could tell the fix doesn't even touch the CSS. There are maybe 400 lines of affected html but thats only because the name/ids are shared. This should be fixed anyways because it's bad HTML. That's really the whole problem here. It's not a huge massive rewrite problem. I could have it fixed in &lt; 2 hrs because regular expressions are your friend. Yes the javascript will need to change a bit. but not much. Hell, I'm willing to fix it myself now that I know what's wrong if you would be willing to merge the fix into the main branch. It is times like these I wish people read the wiki I wrote specifically to answer these kinds of questions Okay that is a fair statement. I've read the wiki and what i got from it is this: Right now the Critical Injuries only work for the main Character Sheet character. I want them to work for Riding Beast and Companion. Currently the Riding Beast and Companion copy the code from the character so any Injury applied to one, applies to all The problem is that when you straight copied the critical code from the Character into the Beast and the Companion you introduced the problem yourself and the character is the one that is broken now. I do not feel that is something that is required I work on, until I fix the minor things. Fix before redesign... or fixes never happen. That's fine. This fix does require a little bit of an overhaul. If it's something that will be fixed in the future then I'm good with that. However that's not what you had said before. So I looked into the issue and have some bad news. There is likely nothing that can be done to fix it. The HTML was verified to be 100% exactly the same in the old and new code. Basically that means there is 100% nothing that can be done to fix the issue from the Character Sheet/API Script/CSS end to change this at all. Additionally no further troubleshooting will be done on this issue. What you said is that there is nothing that can be done to fix it and there would be no more troubleshooting. So I investigated the problem and found the issue and a solution. Look man, I'm not trying to be combative and I'm not trying to say your work sucks because I really do appreciate what you've done and what you are doing. We all do. From what you had said it previously seemed like you gave up on the issue so I spent a lot of time and effort to diagnose and solve the issue that happened. It's your call on whether or not the fix happens.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: What you said is that there is nothing that can be done to fix it and there would be no more troubleshooting. So I investigated the problem and found the issue and a solution. Look man, I'm not trying to be combative and I'm not trying to say your work sucks because I really do appreciate what you've done and what you are doing. We all do. From what you had said it previously seemed like you gave up on the issue so I spent a lot of time and effort to diagnose and solve the issue that happened. It's your call on whether or not the fix happens. Ok well good luck. any further changes to the code will be for my version for my group only, I am done with this. I am done having to justify my time.
Sam
Sheet Author
Sorry to see you go Rhino, wish you didn't, you've done some great work here. Hopefully in the future you'll come back. In the mean time I guess I'll do my best to support the sheet now.&nbsp; Acrisius I'll add in those skills you've requested to the force power check. As well as fix the criticals and add in the missing skills to the weapons check. If there's any other changes that people want let me know.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: Hopefully in the future you'll come back. Not going to happen.
Sam
Sheet Author
For new dicussions on this topic please see the new thread&nbsp; here .