Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

New Marketplace Art: Underdark Creature and Effect Tokens

Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I have three sets of tokens now available on the Roll20 Marketplace. Each set features tokens that are hand-drawn in a vintage comic-book style (huge Stan Lee fan here) and then enhanced for use on Roll20. Each set is progressive with the challenge of the creatures (based on 5th edtion), and includes every creature with the exception of classed humanoids (i.e. Druid, Archmage, etc...). Here is a more thorough break-down of that progression: Lesser Denizens of the Dark : All 30 of the creatures (except Piercer) with a challenge less than 1. Denizens of the Dark : 27 creatures of challenges 1-3 with three corresponding effect tokens; Aberrant Ground (gibbering mouther), Fire Cone (hell hound), and Web (giant spider). Greater Denizens of the Dark : 27 creatures (four variants of ghosts) of challenge 3-5 with three effect tokens; Darkness Sphere (drow elite warrior), Fireball (flameskull), and Ground Tunnel (umberhulk). I've had a lot of fun making these and have started on the last set which will include all of the remaining creatures found in the Underdark. My hope is that these vintage comic-book style tokens will compliment the vast array of awesome art styles on Roll20 and create a bit of nostalgia for all of us old-school gamers.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Nice addition!
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Nice organization of the sets, Mark. I like how you've separated them by difficulty. Gibbering mouther for the win! Love it!
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the encouragement guys! I am glad that you appreciate the organization of the sets. As a DM for over 20 years now that has played on Roll20 for almost 3 years, I love to make epic random encounter tables and design my own adventures.  Of course in order to do so, I have to have a lot of monsters close to the same challenge rating. I used the table of creatures listed by environment, Underdark, in the 5th ed Dungeon Master's Guide. I figured other DMs might find the token organization useful too.