Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

newbie to roll20

I found a group i wanted to join.and contacted gm he has sent 2 messages and invite to join. However when I click on the pink box i see messages but nothing happens when i click accept  
1378856326

Edited 1378856359
Gauss
Forum Champion
To confirm: When you click on the pink box in the top right corner and you click "View Message" nothing happens?  - Gauss
that's correct i can go under welcome mark and click private messages and get there that way but whenn i click view messages or try to click accept invitation nothing happens from the pink box nothing happens  
1378857975
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, Please refresh your browser and see if the messages in the pink box go away. If they don't please try to click on them a couple times. I am wondering if it is a consistent problem or intermittent.  - Gauss
nothing happens after refresshing just keep getting icon on bottom left of browser error on page and nothing happens  
1378858650
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hmmm, Im not sure what is going on then. Could you please take a screenshot of your browser?&nbsp; Also, please go to&nbsp; <a href="http://supportdetails.com/" rel="nofollow">http://supportdetails.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy/paste what it gives you (except IP address). - Gauss
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Copy Screen Resolution 1440 x 900 Copy Web Browser IE 8.0 Copy Browser Size 1406 x 657 Copy Color Depth 32 bit Copy Javascript Enabled Copy Flash Version 11.8.800 Copy Cookies Enabled
I'm sure Gauss will reply, but just thought I would suggest trying Firefox or Chrome instead of Internet Explorer; Roll20 will be much happier with one of those browsers.
1378867359

Edited 1378867377
Gauss
Forum Champion
You may want to use a different browser since IE8 is not compatible with Roll20's app. While there is a Chrome plugin for Internet Explorer the plugin is no longer going to be supported in January. <a href="http://www.google.com/chromeframe?prefersystemlevel=true" rel="nofollow">http://www.google.com/chromeframe?prefersystemlevel=true</a> &nbsp;I suggest either Google Chrome or Firefox. While I don't think the bug you are having is related to IE please try to use Chrome or Firefox and see if the problem persists. Has the GM sent you a join link via a private message? Were you able to get into the game that way? - Gauss