Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Map Making Tutorials

plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For aspiring mapmakers out there, I've posted a bunch of  demonstrations/tutorials for making maps in Inkscape, Gimp, or Blender , all free software. Using Gimp or Inkscape, you can bang out a map in about 10 minutes. With Blender, it's probably closer to 20 (after the steep learning curve). Enjoy! Let me know if there's a specific topic you want covered, or something you want to see in more detail.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for posting this Plexsoup. &nbsp;Good stuff. &nbsp;You should add this to the wiki as well.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Useful_links_for_mapping" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Useful_links_for_mapping</a>

Edited 1463100942
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Way ahead of you. It's down there under tutorials.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
LOL Great minds and all. &nbsp;;-P
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I am in the process of making a modular dungeon tile system for the Roll20 marketplace that allows you to connect passages on any wall of a room and even overlap rooms to create odd-shaped rooms. Hoping to have it up in the next week. It has every stair type (slopes, chimneys, shafts, etc...),, door type, passage, and chamber located in the 5th ed D&D random dungeon tables. They are also set up in such a way that you can create quick accessible decks for fast dungeon building. Just thought this would be a great thread to get people's opinions on this.