Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Some Implements and Suggestions

I thought I might write a brief overview of some bugs that I found and also suggest some changes that I feel should be implemented. I apologize if these have already been addressed. 1. Players can’t edit their own character bios and info. I think it would be fairly simple to allow them to do so. 2. Players have no ability to take in game notes or keep and records without using a third party program. Players journal’s should be just that. How can a player keep track of their progress in a campaign if they have no note taking ability? 3. Tiles and objects placed on the Map/Background layer appear differently to the GM as opposed to a player. The layers in which tiles are placed become skewed when a player enters the campaign. i.e. Floor tiles appear above objects in the room, obscuring them from view. 4.Besides player notes, GM’s should have the ability to create page notes with image upload functionality. If I, as a GM, wanted to write a description of what's going on in a scene (or what will go on) I should be able to have the freedom to do so. I’d suggest a tab near the page view tab that allows the Gm to view the page notes quickly and easily. 5. When the page view tab becomes too full, you can no longer move pages through the viewer efficiently. This goes for the player bookmark as well. Also you cannot just drag a new page into the viewer. You must first click the new page icon, then scroll to where the untitled page is, and then drag it into the appropriate spot in the viewer. 6. With a full scene unfolded on the tabletop it can become difficult to see text when typed, initially. In my campaign I used text on the GM Overlay to identify buildings whose interior would be on a separate page. It was extremely difficult to adjust font, size and color of text because I had to locate the tiny default text. It would be a good idea to implement an auto select feature for text so that the text options appear immediately after typing. 7. I feel as though there should be some way to rename songs in the jukebox while still giving credit to the developer. Many times in the campaign GM’s will want specific music for specific events within the storyline. being able to name songs will make it easier to reference them, especially when the time comes to blare that epic battle score! 8. It would be a nice feature to have customisable tabs within the Jukebox to categorize certain songs. Much like how a normal Jukebox separates artists by genre of music. If I want a song for an eerie bog, I should be able to go to the jukebox and select the “Creepy Music” tab and know I’m going to get what I’m looking for. Despite all the aforementioned problems, my first impression is a positive one. I ran my first campaign with very little difficulty and with a few work arounds I kept all party members happy and interested. Roll 20 definitely sets the bar high for all other VT’s. I plan on continuing to use Roll 20 and hopefully some of my suggestions are implemented in future.
Forgot: Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and Chrome v.18.0.1025.168 m