Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"Alphabetically sort Token Actions" for default token macros from "My Settings"

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I discovered an amazing feature today - I can create normal macros under "My Settings" and check an option to have those show up for every character! Really great functionality that saves me some effort. Now, the issue is I have unchecked "Alphabetically sort Token Actions", but the macros in that macros list seem somewhat sorted alphabetically for each token. It doesn't seem perfect and I can't quite figure out the logic, but it doesn't follow what I'd expect. Though perhaps I missed a setting somewhere? If that were not the case the token would seemingly have to choose where they are sorted or to add his own token actions before or after the default provided ones. Thanks for any assistance.
If you mix campaign macros and character macros, it breaks any kind of logical sorting pattern.

Edited 1464035335
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
After a quick look, it seems like the player macros (the ones created in the settings menu) are always sorted alphabetically. The macros created for a specific character are, to start, organized in the order you create them, but can be reordered in any order you want by dragging them. If you have "Apha sort token actions" selected this sort happens after combining the 2 different lists, so the resulting list will all be in alpha order. If you do not have this option selected, it will first list the character-specific token macros in whatever order you have them on the character sheet and then it will list the player macros you have marked as "token actions" which will be in alpha order because that's how they are automatically listed in the settings menu. Other than the generic alpha ordering, it would be really hard to manually order the list that is coming from 2 different locations, especially since one of those 2 locations is shared with every single token. tl;dr: You can sort the character specific Token Actions, which show up first in the list. You cannot sort the player macro Token Actions, which are shared with every token and show up after the character specific Actions, unless you have the sort Actions Alpha selected in which case it will sort the resulting list after combining the 2.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Here is the order of them without "Alphabetically sort Token Actions" I would expect them to appear before (or optionally after as a setting) the token actions on each character. As they currently behave they are quite unusable unless sorted alphabetically. Sorting alphabetically was a feature added a few months ago. Before the behavior was however they were ordered on the token. Can the order be fixed so that it is usable when not using "Alphabetically sort Token Actions"? Preferably having them appear before the token specified actions.
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hmm, I guess with more macros and actual use, not just a quick test, the ordering starts to fall apart. I'll add it to our bug list, and take a closer look at it when I get a chance.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks Phil, appreciate the second look. I look forward to it getting addressed. :)